Graduate Safety Officer at OceanBlue Energy & Industrial Services Company LLC
OceanBlue Energy & Industrial Services Company LLC, provides access to a broad range of products and services to many international companies operating in the Sub sahara Africa and the Gulf region. We pride ourselves on being able to undertake projects with unique client requirements in diverse sectors such as Oil & Gas, Water & Electricity, and Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Creating, enacting, and updating job safety programmes for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace.
- Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
- Auditing production, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
- Creating analytical reports of safety data
- Inspecting production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe
- Ordering repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment
- Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
- Determining whether the finished product is safe for customers
- Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
- Meeting company health and safety goals
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
- Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
- Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
- Reviewing and reporting on the staff’s compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on performance.
- 1-3 years of experience in safety will be an advantage.
- HND or BSc in any discipline with preference for sciences/engineering
- Experience in Safety-related positions
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org