Graduate Instrumentation Engineer Canada
Job Ref.: EDM00M9
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Job: Instrumentation and Controls
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Graduate
Deadline: Jan 17, 2018
The Automation Engineering Department within WorleyParsons Ltd. provides Automation (instrumentation, controls, and telecommunications) expertise related to the design and construction of oil and gas production and processing facilities.
- Provide Instrumentation design support to multidisciplinary teams on a large project
- Produce specifications and detailed design of Instrumentation systems and materials, including technical selection, calculations, and sizing following project standards.
- Creating material requisitions c/w specifications and data sheets for plant instrumentation including PSV, control valves, flow elements and transmitters.
- Vendor document review and approval.
- Evaluate Vendor quotations for technical content and perform bid tabs where required.
- Create Construction Work Packages including scope of work and drawings, such as loop drawings, installation details, datasheets, location drawings and perform interdisciplinary reviews.
- Work with Client in project meetings and HAZOP.
- Participate in project planning and execution.
Technical and Industry Experience
- 0-3 years of past experience in Instrumentation within an EPC environment and a complete understanding of the engineering documents associated with instrumentation such as: P&ID’s, loop sheets, specification sheets, wiring diagrams, logic diagrams, installation detail drawings, etc.
- Experience in oil/gas, mining, pulp/paper and thermal power generation is an asset.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering Technology or Engineering Degree is required.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Registration with APEGA
Interested and suitable candidates should apply below: