Graduate Health and Safety officer Quest oil and Engineering Lagos
Quest oil and Engineering limited are recruiting to fill the position of a Graduate Health and Safety Officer.
Job Title: Graduate Health and Safety Officer
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain Quest HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations in Quest.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues and make recommendations to Quest management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis for Quest.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of Quest employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training for Quest employees.
- Observe HSE regulations by ensuring Quest staff wear all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with Quest managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Comply with all Quest Company and HSE procedures and policies.
- Periodic Visits to Quest sites to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform Quest facility/Site HSE Inspections
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs for Quest
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Must be qualified in Human Sciences or possess a degree in any engineering field.
- Degree in Occupational, Health & Safety sciences or minimum of 1 year experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position; Technical writing a plus.
- Professional Qualifications in HSE or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Suitable and interested candidates should send a copy of their Application letters and updated CV’s to: