Graduate Engineer – Advisian – Safety & Risk Opportunity in Aberdeen
Job Ref: WOK0036
Primary Location: GBR-AC-Aberdeen
Employment Type: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Level: Graduate
Unposting Date: Oct 9, 2019
Reporting Manager Title: TBD
Worley is a leading provider of project delivery and consulting services to the oil & gas and resources industries. Our services cover the full asset spectrum both in size and lifecycle – from the creation of new assets to services that sustain and enhance operating assets in the hydrocarbons, minerals, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors.
Worley is a forward-thinking organisation equipped with a skilled and motivated workforce. It is founded on four key values: Leadership, Performance, Agility and Relationships and prides itself on a performance-based and customer oriented culture. Worley is looking to the future and recognises that graduates are the key to the ongoing growth and success of our Company.
Advisian are looking for enthusiastic young engineers to join their graduate training programme, where you will get the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the challenging and rewarding world of pipeline and subsea engineering.
As a graduate at Advisian you will have opportunities to work within the varied disciplines that make-up our skill set, these include: pipelines, asset integrity, structures & hardware, materials, flow assurance controls systems and advanced analysis.
The Advisian graduate training programme
• 4 year programme
• Yrs 1 & 2 exposure to various disciplines
• Yrs 3 & 4 targeting engineering chartership; ITo develop competencies in mechanical engineering design specification and procurement of mechanical static rotating equipment and specialised packages utilised in construction of petrochemical, oil gas facilities and minerals metals and infrastructure areas.
To support senior mechanical engineers and project engineering managers in the preparation of documentation required to execute design procurement of plant and equipment.
To become fully conversant with company’s management systems and procedures and to support development of technical standards. To develop necessary competencies required for professional registration as C Eng over a prescribed period of monitored professional development (MPDS).
Graduates should take ownership of their own development and avail themselves of in house and external training available within the GDO and Mechanical Engineering Department.
Initial role during the first year will be to become conversant with practices applied in execution of projects through on project support to Lead and Senior engineers.
CE, IMechE, IMarEst, IChemE
• Defined grading (salary) plans
• Appointed mentors
• Individual training budgets
• Graduate forum / organisation (with budget)
• Developing technical and practical engineering skills in the relevant discipline.
• Developing knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
• In the relevant discipline or field, developing knowledge of applicable local standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and in discipline specific software.
• Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet the group and its client’s needs.
• Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
• A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
• Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
• Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
• Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
• Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical, structural, chemical) – Grade 2:1 or above
• Vacation Student experience in an engineering environment.
• Subsea or Pipeline industry knowledge not essential
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
• Ambition, drive, energy and the desire to learn and grow professionally
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills supplemented by the ability to build enduring, strategic and long-lasting relationships whilst working with multiple teams
• Forward thinkers and problem solvers who innovate by challenging traditional ways
• Eligibility to live and work in the UK