General Manager – HSE in India
Job Ref: 104323BR
Country of Work Location: India
City, State (if applicable): Gujarat, India
Work Location: Hazira – LNG
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
- Support Goal Zero performance delivery in HGC (HLPL & HPPL) ensuring no harm or no leaks.
- Instill a Continuous Improvement mindset to position HGC at the top of the HSE culture ladder.
- Develop and implement HSE improvement plans for HGC focused towards Safety Leadership, Process Safety Excellence and GHG Strategy Execution.
- Provide independent assurance to the Managing Director on HSE performance across HGC’s Port, Terminal and Project teams
- Drive sustainable changes across HGC organization that delivers Goal Zero performance – No harm & No Leaks
Take personal accountability for driving HGC’s journey to the top of the HSE Culture Ladder.
- Develop and implement HSE improvement plans and provide expert HSE inputs to Port, Terminal and Project teams to deliver Goal Zero performance in HGC.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve contractor HSE management especially considering high turnover rates in general catchment area and light competence levels.
- Develop and implement strategies to safely execute new brownfield projects, while managing SIMOPS risks with existing port and LNG operations.
- Collaborate with Group SME’s in Production Excellence Function/Country & IG S&E Teams to design & develop effective strategies for safety leadership, process safety improvement and Green House Gas reduction.
- Develop & manage relationships with critical external stakeholders in various statutory bodies like Director of Industrial Safety and Health, Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization (PESO), Gujarat Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment and Forests, etc.
- Lead planning and implementation of LOD2/3 assurance plans for HGC; annual HSSE&SP MS reviews for the business and Qualifications/Commentary as part of the annual Business Assurance Letter (BAL) submission.
- Lead HiPo Incident Investigations and provide HSE expertise in root cause analyses. Drive an organizational culture that encourages reporting of all near miss, unsafe acts/conditions and incidents.
- Coach and inspire the change needed to unlock authentic safety leadership across HGC.
- Support competence development and assurance of all HSSE Critical positions in HGC.
- Develop & manage the HSE budget
- Ensure availability of all necessary compliances for HGC’s license to operate.
Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
A proven track record of at least 10-15 years experience in operations/ HSE function of a large Refinery/Petrochemical Complex or other Oil & Gas facility.
A genuine passion for HSE, a person who naturally inspires both staff & contractors to drive towards a Goal Zero culture.
A confident leader with operational experience, willing to intervene, coach and support at all levels of the organization including senior Leadership Team members.
Demonstrated professional competence and managerial skills, and proven ability to influence change across an organization
Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
Fluency in the local language – Hindi & Gujarati preferable.