Gender/Reproductive Health Specialist Job in Abuja, North Central — Nigeria
Job Ref: 25372
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2019 (5pm, Nigerian Time).
You will be responsible for:
- Providing coordination and strategic thinking, technical advice and innovative approaches to facilitating project interventions; and provide strategic support to achieving deliverables.
- Providing technical assistance within the framework of the Project Implementation Plan for achieving project deliverables and SRH/R and young person’s components of the Country Office Programmes.
- Providing quality assurance and close monitoring of all project activities and management of fund disbursements to implement partners;
- Undertaking advocacy activities with policy makers at all levels to ensure sustained support for project implementation at national and states.
- Identifing and monitoring risks that could interfere with programme delivery and coherence; and design sustainable and practicable mitigation measures.
- Participating in development of and updating of guidelines, standards, tools, manuals and approaches as required.
- Analysing and interpret the political, social and economic environment relevant to gender/GBV and reproductive health, and identify opportunities for UNFPA/Project assistance and intervention.
- Providing technical guidance for gender/GBV and SRH related research, document lessons learnt and best practices, produce analytical reports and publications, and dissemination of project deliverables and outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, government and CSOs, in designing GBV/HTP and SRH, and IEC/BCC advocacy materials in support of UNFPA/Project goals taking into account political and social sensitivities.
- Assisting in advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, donor profiles and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Undertake any other activities/responsibilities as needed by UNFPA Leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public health, Reproductive Health, Gender, Development Studies and/or other related Social Science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant Post-master’s Degree working experience in management of Gender and/or SRHR programmes in the public or private sector;
- Demonstrable experience in programme/project management and technical coherence of gender/GBV, SRHR and youth related programmes;
- Experience in working with government institutions, donor organisations, and civil society organisations;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English required. Strong capability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English will be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Commitment to UNFPA Values and Guiding Principles;
- Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
- Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
- Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of specialists
- Advocacy/advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Results-based programme development and management
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Resource mobilization (Programme)
- Job knowledge
UNFPA Work Environment
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life
- We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply
- UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
- This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post
- The package includes a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.