Functional Safety Professional job in USA
- Requisition ID: 2019-68398
Work Location: US-TX-Houston
- Participate in Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects focusing on Functional Safety and Safety Lifecycle requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, testing, startup and commissioning.
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering design teams for equipment, instrumentation and SIS configuration modifications based on the outcome of Functional Safety analysis.
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (25-50%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred, will also consider Technical Diploma with equivalent Experience.
- Functional Safety Certification preferred (CFSP/CFSE, ISA84 SIS Expert or TUV)
- Professional Engineering License highly desirable.
- 5+ years of industry experience 3 years of experience in a functional safety role, supporting functional safety design and implementation projects.
- Skilled in the application of IEC 61511 / ISA84 and good understanding of IEC 61508. Knowledge of API14C is highly desirable.
- Expertise in functional safety related deliverables, like Functional Safety Plan, Safety Requirements Specifications, SIL Verification calculations, Cause and Effects, Validation Test Procedures and facilitating Functional Safety Assessment’s and Audits.
- Good understanding of LOPA methodology and best practices.
- Expertise with SIL verification tools such as SILSolver and exSILentia.
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider for onshore or offshore oil & gas / energy industry projects is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with programming SIS (Triconex, Honeywell FSC, Safety Manager, DeltaV SIS) is desirable.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.