Functional Safety Engineer Southampton
- Job reference: 918202
- Location: Southampton, Hampshire
- Job type: Contract
As a Functional Safety Engineer you will be working on Oil and Gas projects through all phases of the Functional Safety Life Cycle.
- Producing key deliverables such as SIL verification documents and safety Requirement specifications.
- Produce SIL verification calculations using ExSILentia and other SIL Calculation software. Specify, Test and Commission SIS.
- Interface with SIS System integrators to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Review SIS system integrator documents to assure specifications and project requirements are met.
- Work under the direction of the C&I Project Lead and/or Functional Safety Lead at the project level Ownership.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective, timely delivery of quality discipline deliverables.
- Liaising with clients and other design team members.
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships.
Training and Experience
- TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer
- Three to five years of experience in preparing SIL calculations and SRS
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Functional Safety Lifecycle.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, designers and other design team members
- Degree qualified
- Understanding and application of IEC 61508 / 61511
- Flexibility to travel for client meetings, vendor meetings and acceptance testing
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior Exxon Experience
- Experience using ExSILentia
- Experienced working with multinational clients
- Previous experience working with multi-centre execution
- Experience of site installation/commissioning of safety instrumented systems
- Working as Designer under CDM requirements