Functional Safety Engineer Job in Livermore – Curtis Instruments Inc.
Company Name: Curtis Instruments, Inc.
Company Location:Livermore, California
As Curtis Instruments expands into new design and new areas of development, including on-road, we are looking for someone to help the teams through regulatory and safety challenges.
You’re an ideal candidate if you see yourself as someone who Adds Value and are specifically excited about getting involved interpreting regulatory standards to design processes, working on DFMEAs, MTTFd calculations, and more!
Please reach out with an application if you are educated in Electrical Engineering and have experience in compliance, regulatory, and/or safety engineering.
- Own the regulatory and high-level safety engineering requirements
- Compliance engineering including reviewing internal project goals, determination of applicable compliance standards, interpretation of standards, communication of requirements to appropriate development teams, and follow up with internal and external resources to ensure requirements are met before prototype or production.
- Perform Hardware metric calculations and write related safety reports
- Build overall awareness of compliance requirements by assisting with team briefings, process development, manufacturing site audits, and safety standards education throughout the organization.
- Interpret regulatory standards to drive design process improvements
- Participate in development team meetings to assess compliance requirements and create/communicate a plan for compliance. Create alignment of the development direction with applicable regulatory requirements and compliance processes.
- Negotiate and prepare cost and time estimates for compliance evaluation and testing from appropriate agencies including internal resources.
- Provide direction to testers.
- Conduct safety chain analysis within the DFMEA process
- Participate in design reviews and provide direction to product development teams on product regulatory compliance issues
- Ensure proper archiving of product regulatory compliance reports.
- Contribute to standards working committees
- Prepare documentation to support regulatory submissions
- Respond to global regulatory questions
- Electrical engineering degree with minimum 5 years proven relevant NRTL and electrical safety standards experience.
- Experience with IEC 60529, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 13849, EN 1175, EN 280, UL 538, UL 1998
- Significant knowledge in the determination of appropriate standards, understanding of those standards and their application to real-world design processes.
- Familiarity with MTTFd Calculations, Safety-related Hardware Metrics
- DFMEA process experience
- Ability to consistently achieve a high standard of quality and accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
- Apply logical thinking to daily responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
How to Apply
Send a copy of you updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org