Functional Safety Engineer – Control Systems in Australia
Job Ref: MIN00028H
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
The Functional Safety Engineer role is based in Perth, WA and reports to the Chief Engineer, as well as Project Managers across a wide variety of projects. We are looking for engineering professionals with solid experience in functional safety for the mining industry within a front-end design and design execution team.
The position will be responsible for:
- Development of functional safety control system design and implementation deliverables, including functional and integrity requirement specifications, control system architectures, I/O lists, communication block diagrams, technical specifications, scopes of work, application software, safety lifecycle documentation, and test documentation.
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team in close corporation with the client.
- Active participation in HAZOPs, LOPAs and risk assessments.
- Driving the pace and efficiency in the delivery of project safety I&C design and execution deliverables.
- Interface with vendors to ensure compliance with project specifications.
Attendance at panel factory acceptance testing and vendor integration testing.
- Construction support and on site commissioning (mining, remote, various locations).
- Promotion of Safety in Design.
- Supporting Project Managers / Designated Project Executives managing risk, project delivery, HSEC, quality and service.
- Engineering degree qualification.
- Experience in project based control system safety instrumented systems in both the design and execution phases.
- Proven experience in functional safety within the mining and resources industry. Specifically, the application of IEC 62061, IEC 61508 or IEC 61511 during front-end design and design execution.
- Experience with the application of IEC 62061 during the operational phase is desirable.
- Experience with development of safety lifecycle documentation, such as hardware and software requirements and design specifications, and test documentation.
- Experience with probabilistic calculations, gathering and application of failure rate data.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team.
- Proven successful delivery of I&C system projects.
- A focus on quality and performance and a keen eye for detail.
- PLC and HMI / SCADA development experience required.
- Allen Bradley PLC development experience preferred.
- CitectSCADA experience preferred.
- Experience with multidisciplinary design interfaces (particularly process, electrical and mechanical) required.