Food Safety & Quality Associate Job in Malaysia
Job Ref: SWA00094
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Lead internal collaboration and connectivity in the Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) function to ensure implementation of best practices, training and consistency of FSQR policies and standards and overall quality assurance program within a CAN location/facility.
Responsible within a location for the management of the FSQR function including: continuous improvement of the FSQR processes and systems, ensuring compliance to audits and standards, and assist with customer specifications and quality issues.
Position would be responsible to ensure that EHS training and new procedure implementation are executed.
The relative percentages of the responsibilities and duties will vary according to the complexity of the facility/location.
30% – Responsible for, training development, scheduling engagement, SOP training/development/implementation and review, annual internal FSQR audit and Shape food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture/reputation, assist to ensure customer complaint issues are addressed.
20% – EHS training schedule is executed and up to date. Tracking new procedure implementation. Incident or near miss follow up actions have been implemented. Other EHS requirements as assigned.
10% – Plan, coordinate and lead all regulatory compliance programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN FSQR Policy Manual, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
10% – Plan, coordinate and direct all laboratory programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN Innovation Center (Elk River), as well as StarLIMS, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
10% – Plan, coordinate and lead all food/feed safety programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN FSQR Policy Manual, governmental and customer and supplier requirements and expectations
10% – Plan, coordinate and lead all quality programs within the location to ensure compliance with CAN FSQR Policy Manual, Gold Standard Testing, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
10% – Other duties as assigned.
Relocation will not be provided for this position
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent amount of experience
• 1+ years of Food Safety Quality and Regulatory experience required.
• Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and database navigation)
• Able and willing lift up to 50 pounds.
• Basic Auditing/Compliance – Applies basic auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrates organizational skills
• Ability to train employees and influence change
• Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Food Science, or Biological Sciences
• Demonstrated change management in an industrial setting
• Experience in leading cross functional teams
• SAP experience
Abilities/ Success Factors:
• Basic Knowledge of Cargill’s Policies & Standards – Applies CFSRA policy & standards to enhance food safety & quality
• Basic Business Acumen – Applies basic business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
• Basic Scientific Knowledge – Applies basic scientific knowledge & principles to identify & manage risk
• Basic External Partnering – Builds basic relationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
• Basic HACCP Knowledge/Implementation – Applies HACCP to identify & control food safety hazards
• Basic Customer Specification Management – Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer specifications; answers questions & solves customer problems
• Basic Supplier Quality Assurance – Identifies & addresses basic supplier quality issues
• Basic Plant Manufacturing Knowledge – Demonstrates basic practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations