Firefighter Shell Petroleum Qatar
Location: Qatar – Ras Laffan, Qatar
Reference ID: 57582BR
Priority in the employment shall be given to the Qatari workers. Non-Qatari workers may be employed in case of need.
– Qatar Labour Law (Article 18)
– Qatar Labour Law (Article 18)
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world’s most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell’s commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world’s largest LNG supplier, and Shell’s global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.
This role is part of the Qatar Shell Emergency Response Team and the primary functions are:
- To respond to emergencies at Pearl GTL, as determined by Incident Commander as part of a First Intervention Team (FIT).
- To provide emergency standby duties as required.
- To participate in safe and effective training.
- To operate and maintain operational and plant based emergency response equipment.
- Assist in maintaining FIT administrative documentation.
- Provide initial response to fires, gas releases, spills, medical and rescue calls.
- Complete all mandatory training as scheduled.
- Coordinate inspection and service to the site’s fire extinguishers as required.
- Maintain the database on fire extinguisher inspection and service as required.
- Assure emergency response equipment is available and maintained to respond to emergencies.
- Coordinate and record ER equipment reliability checks.
- Coordinate fixed firefighting inspections and maintain records.
- Coordinate annual foam testing.
- Maintain database of onsite foam inventories.
- Coordinate Audits of deluge/sprinkler system inspection and testing process.
- Coordinate Audits of fire detection systems inspection and testing process.
- Coordinate fire water system inspections and minor maintenance.
- Maintain fire station equipment and inventory.
- Recommend purchases for ER supplies.
- Coordinate training of building accountability systems.
- Coordinate building safety inspections.
- Working in a culturally diverse environment
- Working in a harsh climate
- Rigorous training
Job Experience and Qualifications:
- Initial firefighting training (before operating as an emergency responder) – 40 hours including off site fire training (Texas A & M or Falck Risc Rotterdam International Safety Centre Fire School curricula or equivalent).
- Emergency response vehicle driver/operator (NFPA 1002 “Standard for Fire Apparatus Driver / Operator” training initially or equivalent)
- ICS course 100 and 200 or equivalent.
- Initial training in Hazmats (before operating as an emergency responder) – 40 hours (NFPA 472 or equivalent).
- Be skilled in the competencies necessary to perform the tasks necessary to mitigate the incident. For example, flammable and toxic release response team members shall be skilled to meet NFPA 472 or equivalent.
- Initial training in Technical Rescue – 40 hours (NFPA 1006 or equivalent). Quarterly on-going training– 8 hours.
- Be skilled in the competencies necessary to perform the tasks necessary to mitigate the incident. For example, rescue team members must be skilled to meet NFPA 1006 or equivalent.
- Other training as required by the Emergency Response Management.
- Working knowledge of industrial firefighting apparatus and foam generation equipment.
- Working knowledge of medical response protocols directed by the medical team leader.
- Hazard recognition, risk assessment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exhibit winning attributes and behaviours.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviours.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills and be able to use Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of industrial firefighting techniques and strategies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in field of Fire and Rescue.
Suitable and qualified candidate should apply through the link below…