Fire Training Officer Brunel Energy Qatar
Contract Duration: Permanent Hire
Tentative Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Qatar
Reports to: Head of Emergency Response Planning & Crisis
Deadline for CV Submission: 05th March 2018
Are you driven, independent and enthusiastic Fire Training Officer interested in joining the team of our client, an LNG operating company in Qatar.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Identify the fire training and development needs of the company and formulate the training plans for further consideration and implementation.
- Develops standard methods of instruction and prepares training programs including incident command and command & management to consistently support fire crew, fire officers; and for the new recruits / trainee to accomplish their Individual Development Plans (IDPs), Individual Training Plans (ITPs) etc.
- Deliver training for company employees / contactors / visitors on the requisite emergency response and fire awareness knowledge / skills for the use and practice during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Trains and exercise the fire crew to develop and maintain the tactical & technical skills and physical fitness to ensure effective emergency response to all anticipated scenario including rescue & hazmat at all times and ensure the required certification / recertification standards are met as per company requirements and international standards.
- Develops and implements appropriate training monitoring & evaluation systems to ensure consistent reporting, analysis of results, timely follow-up and close out of gaps to enhance training quality and effectiveness.
- Develops policies and procedures which are fit for Emergency Response and Fire training purposes.
- Maintains training related equipment, facilities, and training aids operational at all times and meets relevant codes and standards and company policy & procedures.
- Organizes and conducts training in fire prevention for external stakeholders including employee families, shareholders, business partners, suppliers and local communities.
- Assists Head of Emergency Response Planning & Crisis Management in the process of planning, preparation of budget and objective setting of the section.
- Successfully completed higher secondary education.
- Complete associated / relevant qualifications from a recognized institute (Completion of Fire-fighter I & Il, Crew Command, Watch Command, Command & Operation, Fire Inspector, Fire Service Instructor I & Il, Advanced HSE Advisor and Fire Investigation.)
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years experience including 3 years as an Emergency Response.
- Fire Officer in Energy or similar industry.
- Knowledge of current national and international legislation related to Fire & Rescue