Fire safety tips
I will highlight six (6) Fire safety tips. When there is fire break-out, try not to panic and do the things that are highlighted below:
- Raise alarm: Let people around know that there is fire outbreak. You can shout FIRE!!! FIRE!!! FIRE!!!, ring the fire alarm or any other measure which will be understood by people around.
- Contact emergency line: Call fire emergency number in your locality for assistant. By this, you need to know the emergency number you can call in case of fire. If you do not know, make inquiry immediately after reading this article.
- Be safe first: Ensure your safety first before you plan on evacuating other people within the premises if necessary.
- Attack fire if trained: Attack the fire at the infant level if trained, using the fire extinguisher, sand in the sand-pail, etc. If you are not sure of the cause of the fire, never apply water since it may complicate the fire or lead to electrocution.
- Prevent fire spread: Use alternative means to slow down or prevent spread of the fire if not trained on fire fighting. These alternative means may include:
- Clear the area of fuel (Anything that could burn like cloths, plastics, wood, bag, paper, oil, etc.)
- If possible cover the fire with something which cannot burn to deprive it of oxygen. Something like basin, wet blanket, wet towel, etc.
- Close the door of your house or car. Also, close the burnet of your vehicle to deprive the fire of oxygen.
6. Never get back into a building to recover something after you might have gone out because you may get trapped.
NOTE: Never use the elevator in case of fire because you may be trapped inside it.
Fire safety tips is something everyone must know not minding your profession or gender. This little information can safe your life and the life of your relatives or a loved ones.