Fire Engineering and Prevention Lead Qatar Petroleum Qatar
Reference Code: EC-2000918
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established by Emiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar. The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures are the exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels, petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium. QP’s strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development is through Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) and Development and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded with major international oil and gas companies. The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted at various onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed and Ras Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
is underpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of quality and service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing above all: Excellence.
Primary purpose of job
- Direct the activities of the Industrial Cities Fire Department Fire Prevention and Fire Engineering Section within their assigned area ensure that all current and new facilities are designed, built and operated in accordance with relevant codes and standards by conducting Fire Prevention & Fire Engineering audits both within their assigned and other QP operational areas to ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Ensure the implementation and continual improvement of process safety management, risk management and Incident management system to prevent fires and losses.
- Lead the initial and continuous design reviews of petrochemical processes and facilities, and to ensure the incorporation of fire & safety requirements in line with a projects Safety and Fire philosophy.
- Oversee the management of the Fire & Rescue equipment & logistics test and audit program within the defined responsible areas.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 12 years experience in Fire Prevention or Fire Engineering, with minimum of 5 years experience at management level preferably in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry.
- Member of The Institution of Fire Engineers or Diploma or equivalent in Fire Safety Management- Good knowledge of NFPA, API, IP & EN codes.
- Leadership, management, problem solving, decision making, interpersonal skills, negotiation and organizational influence skills.
- Good presentation, oral/written communication and investigation skills and ability to write specifications and prepare mandated reports.
- Ability to perform field inspections, risk assessment review /prepares proposals, and administers contracts.
Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent is an advantage.