Field Safety Inspector Job in Canada
Job Ref: CAL00KO
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Unposting Date: Dec 11, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: HSE Manager
To provide local subject matter expertise and hands on support to deliver successful assurance outcomes in the field in various locations with various contractors.
- Liaise with office and Project Management Team as the assurance focal point for all aspects of project delivery.
- Provide support for the successful set up and mobilization of projects.
- Demonstrate HSSEM leadership through an active involvement in the development and implementation of HSSEM initiatives.
- Escalate to the Health & Safety Lead, Canada, any emerging risks associated with the achievement of zero harm.
- Provide advice and support including conduct of risk and assurance assessments and investigations.
- Report incidents, including near hits, within 24 hours of incident occurrence and participate in the investigation of those incidents, if required, including preparation of reports as required.
- Review incidents with the Project Management Team and the Contractors and help develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Regularly report unsafe/safe acts, emergency events, suspicious activities and safety 24/7 events.
- Conduct regular Serious about Zero (SAZ) conversations, assurance leadership interactions, assurance talks, training sessions, promotion of safe work practices and ensuring interest and awareness of assurance is maintained at all levels.
- Perform inspections of the work site regularly and document findings.
- Ensure vehicle and driver programs, including journey management, are effective.
Client Advocacy and Project Support
- Engage with project contractors to ensure that client expectations and requirements are met.
- Build relationships and liaise with the Project H&S counterparts.
- Participate in JSA, pre-job and tailgate meetings as required.
- Verify Prime Contractors are adequately managing their safety requirements as Prime.
Risk and Insight
- Monitor the effectiveness of risk management activities on the project, particularly for any significant changes and provide advice and support.
- Communicate relevant and timely assurance information to the right stakeholders.
- Contribute to continual improvement and achievement of stated performance objectives by raising awareness of trends, risks and emerging themes.
- Collaborate to share and apply best practice, lessons learnt and improve knowledge management.
- Contribute to the success of relevant internal networks as needed.
- Stay abreast of emerging assurance issues and legislation. Keep the project updated with relevant requirements, and assist with compliance to assurance legislation,
- Be familiar with and comply with the requirements outlined in project HSSEM plan and any relevant procedures and or policies.
- Comply with the health and safety requirements of the Prime contractors on the project.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of HSE business and project processes and field practices Stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- 5+ years of HSE experience,
- 2+ years of industry relevant experience including in a site-based project HSE.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized degree and relevant accredited qualification/experience
- Complete required training as defined below:
- Driver training, both in classroom and hands-on
- First aid/CPR with AED
- WHMIS 2015
- Others as prescribed by the client