Field Safety Coordinator FTSI Logistics United States
Company: FTSI Logistics
Location: Odessa, TX
Responsible for assisting and providing a safe working environment for personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Investigates work related incidents efficiently
* Facilitates post incident drug testing procedures
* Responds to environmental spills
* Conducts environmental reporting
* Performs safety meetings
* Conducts facility and field training
* Performs road testing certifications
* Performs Gate Checks on equipment and personnel
* Monitors DOT logs for accuracy
* Conducts Safety and DOT training for new employees
* Responds and documents accidents and injuries
* Enforces applicable company policies and procedures
* Ensures DOT regulations and enforced, including transportation, logs, etc. Performs HSE site assessments at regular intervals and enforce compliance Performs other related duties as required.
Educational and Other Requirements:
* Applicable degree in Health, Safety and Environmental preferred but not required
* Minimum of 1 year field safety experience in Fracturing Services
* Knowledge with Excel, Word and Power Point
* Sensitive to confidential information
* Must work independently and as a member of team
Mental and Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to use individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws.
* Must be able to read, speak and write English.
* Ability to use sophisticated computer software programs to achieve job functions.
* Using relevant information and regulations, or standards.
* Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
* Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
* Sitting – at desk or computer station, standing, walking, speaking, hearing – frequent
* Bending/Stooping, twisting, lifting – occasional
* Gripping, reaching, writing, fingering (data entry), handling (paper, files, etc) – frequent Able to work under stressful conditions at times.
* Fine Motor Skills – typing, 10-key, ability to write for extended periods of time
* Communication – phone communication, communication with personnel and vendors
* Seeing – able to see the computer screen.
* Climbing – able to go up and down stairs
* Position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week unless otherwise directed by supervisor.