FIELD HSE MANAGER ARGENTINA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Neuquen, Neuquen
This position is responsible planning, directing and implementing the Company’s health, safety and environmental processes to ensure a safe, healthy and incident-free work environment either in the division or field offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials.
• Assist corporate and/or global HSE Department in the development of HSE bulletins, policy, procedures and manuals.
• Responsible for the Incident management Program. Oversee the investigations into workplace injuries, accidents or occupational illnesses to determine cause and corrective action.
• Track audits; analyse root causes, recommend process improvements and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
• Conduct incident investigations and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations
• Establish guidelines to comply with Mexican government regulations with regard to waste management.
• Establish and direct compliance of company safety recognitions.
• Implement and monitor effective use of behaviour based safety program. Monitor trends.
• Provide HSE training as required.
• Support Division Management providing HSE equipment and certification cost analysis for bidding process for National & International Tenders.
• Keep Division HSE Statistics Updated
• Request IADC Recordable Free Facilities Recognition Plaques for Division Rigs and Facilities.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
• Should have experience supervising others.
• A High School Diploma or bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
• Should have at least 5 years of work experience in HSE in an oil and gas environment.
• Have Tap Root RCA Certification current.
• Have DBI SALA Working at Heights certification current.
• Possess direct knowledge of land and offshore drilling operations and API Codes for drilling operations.
• Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
• Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
• Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances as well as as being a problem solver and a self-motivator
• Work towards achieving goals and objectives.
• Must be able to understand and work mathematical equations.
• Must have excellent computer skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.