EXCITING OPPORTUNITY IN HSE IN ABUJA
Our client an Engineering and Construction Company is desirous of filling the role of a HSE OFFICER with suitable candidate in terms of skills and experience.
Location: FCT, Abuja
Summary of Role
The role is to ensure that site personnel adhere to the standard safety policies and regulations and drive the safe practices on all construction sites being run by the Company. He or She will keep policies up -to-date and facilitate compliance with HSE guidelines. The role will establish new HSE guidelines from time to time as more and newer risks are discovered.
• Continuous inspection of project sites, to ensure a hazard-free environment
• Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans
• Verification of tools and equipment to ensure good quality
• Promoting safe practices on site
• Creating and enforcing safety guidelines and programs
• Training and carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations
• Conducting investigations on accidents
• Verifying that all safety reports are submitted to related government institutions.
• Responding to workers’ safety concerns
• Manages all communications with government departments in regards of safety
• Arranges OSHA-mandated evaluations of the site
• Coordinates all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste
• Assisting with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
• Attending project planning meetings and collaborating with construction managers
• Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures
• Testing effectiveness of site emergency response plans
• Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a relevant course
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Safety officer in the Construction Industry.
• A recognised HSE certification will provide an added advantage.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to email@example.com using ‘HSE Officer’ as the subject on or before Friday 22nd November 2019.
NB: Candidates residing in Abuja or willing to relocate to Abuja should please apply.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.