ESIS-Health, Safety and Environmental Consultant CHUBB United States
Job Number: 319049
ESIS HSE will be the preferred provider of HSE consulting and compliance services in the unbundled market while maintaining our underwriting and loss control capabilities to support Chubb. Our relentless focus on the customer experience will build our brand preference. Our customers will describe us as customer-focused, experienced, flexible, creative, and efficient.
Provide superior technical field and reporting services adhering to ESIS HSE standard operating protocols and client specific scope of service. Adhere to best in class standards and practices in executing field assignments, delivering accurate, defensible scientific data.
Working under direct or indirect supervision or within a consulting tam arrangement, a Technician is responsible for the following core responsibilities:
- When on-site, act as direct representative of ESIS HSE in relationship to the client; and when within scope of services, monitor and oversee clients’ contractors.
- Evaluate contractor performance and advise the client.
- Under direct supervision of Project Managers or professional staff, interface with and respond to regulatory and enforcement agencies at the project site, and when appropriate, provide requested information to them depending upon issue involved.
- Maintain chain of custody of sampling activity, analytical data and project recordkeeping (log book) in accordance with regulatory requirements and ESIS HSE’s recordkeeping responsibilities.
- Maintain proficiency and understanding in the use of scientific instruments and sampling protocols to ensure valid sample collection and reliable data analysis in compliance with regulations.
- Maintain high ethical standards in the performance of service, understand the ethical standards of client and report actual or perceived unethical conduct or behavior.
- Under direct oversight of a Project Manager or professional staff, generally understand the details of the project schedule and scope of work, and provide supporting information to Project Managers when change orders may be required.
- Maintain required certifications mandated by the regulations and take an active role in maintaining respiratory fitness through ESIS HSE medical surveillance program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specific duties or tasks of the Technician include the following:
- Assist in the development of and implementation of project work plans for tasks which involve area of experience or expertise.
- Performance of sampling programs involving collection of soil, water, asbestos, air emissions,n indoor air or waste samples.
- Operation of standard environmental monitoring instruments.
- Accurate recording of field data, observations and analytical results.
- Manage direct affiliate subcontractors on-site work activities, or oversees client’s retained contractor during environmental remediation activities.
- Make decisions regarding minor changes to the work plan where such changes are required to accomplish the task.
Report preparation tasks:
- Preparing drafts or figures, plates and tables.
- Preparing project logs and descriptions of field activities.
- Preparing sample data inventory tables in ESIS HSE approved report format.
- Routine scientific or technical calculations.
Filed assistance in the following areas:
- Sampling of soil, water, wastes, asbestos and other materials.
- Air emissions and indoor air quality sampling.
- Driving and extracting soil gas probes.
- Operation of monitoring instruments.
Water level measurements.
- Data collection and recording of notes on field activities.
- Records and historical documentation review.
Perform compliance inspections and environmental monitoring of asbestos or other regulated/potentially hazardous materials removal and abatement projects, including:
- Use of environmental sampling instrumentation and equipment.
- Collection and analysis of personal and area air samples.
- Completion of inspection and analytical data forms.
- Inspection of regulated work areas, equipment, work methods, and compliance with project specifications or industry accepted best practices.
- Oversee waste container removal and completion of landfill documentation forms.
- Completion of project log books.
Preparation of the Compliance Monitoring Report following completion of remediation activities.
Assist with the conduct of regulated and hazardous material surveys, including:
- Identification of suspect materials and collection of bulk samples when included in the project scope.
- Measurements of quantities and dimensions.
- Completion of site inspection and dimensions.
- Handling and proper recording of material samples.
- Interpretation of analytical results.
- Preparation of draft report product for Project Manager Quality Review.