Environmental Technician Chevron United States
Location: Richmond, CA California, US
Requisition ID: #343701
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Environmental Technician 1 located in 426127, CA California / United States .
The Environmental Technician is a critical position for maintaining environmental compliance within the refinery. Key functions of this role are: reporting, communication, monitoring, and data gathering.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare routine reports and communications for submittal to agencies, as required by Refinery permits and regulations. These can include both air and water media, and may require routine calculations.
- Performs error-free work on documents, forms, and reports, employing quality reviews to verify data and identify gaps and outlier values.
- Support daily compliance with Refinery monitoring of environmental variables and permit conditions. This can include daily review of process variables and trends, and reporting of any monitor malfunctions or permit excesses.
- Support HES specialist work, including but not limited to: querying databases to acquire and process data, reviewing and interpreting laboratory results, or generating reports using software tools.
- Provide back-up and vacation coverage for other HES technicians, including Sphera Essential Suites (ESS) database support, reviewing and analyzing monitoring data, performing calculations, and preparing reports.
- Interact with Agencies such as the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) to respond to inquiries and requests to clarify information. May interact with outside vendors, such as source testing companies or laboratories, who provide services to the Environmental group.
- This is a safety sensitive position
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- At least 1 year of demonstrated experience building, interpreting, and troubleshooting large Microsoft Excel spreadsheets utilizing formulas to analyze data.
- At least 1 year of demonstrated QA/QC experience analyzing data to identify errors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Outlook or other database tools.
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Demonstrated Self Starter
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to reliably produce error free work.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical or science background
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance or related fields.
- Mathematical background, correcting analyzer readings, understanding of formulas in spreadsheets, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of analyzers and calibration of equipment or similar experience.
- Experience working with Index to trend/monitor operating parameters.
- Experience with Sphera Essential Suites database.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.