Job Title: Environmental Specialist Job Location: Muscat, Oman Experience: 10 – 12 years of relevant experience
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science or relevant field (with exposure to Environmental Compliances)
- Up-to-date knowledge of how to address the socio-economic, resettlement, environmental and communication issues relating to the design and construction of substations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team of international consultants and contractors through design review and construction activities.
- Sound judgment and ability to provide detailed technical, commercial, environmental and social evaluation.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication and proficiency with technical reports.
- Supports the company’s compliance with environmental regulations
- Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews
- Assists with facility compliance audits
- Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
- Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
- Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
- Ensuring design projects comply with environmental regulations.
- Writing reports on their environmental investigative efforts.
- Consulting and advising policymakers on environmental best practices.
- Offer technical guidance on implementation of project mitigation measures, undertake environmental monitoring and supervision of project works, including development of monitoring checklists, compilation of periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) progress reports, to ensure compliance with relevant environmental requirements.
- Hazardous waste, E waste, Bio Medical & Other Waste Management and compliances with related legal requirements.
- Environment Returns and various compliance reports as per norms.
- Training and teaching on various aspects of Environment to Employees
- Possess sound knowledge of System Documentation, Executions and Implementation as per ISO14001.
Please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org