Environmental Solutions Specialist Schlumberger India
The Environmental Solutions Specialist is directly responsible for safely and efficiently managing the operation of ES Drilling & Waste Management equipment required at the wellsite. At this level, the employee has an in-depth understanding of how drilling fluids and waste management systems influence each other, and the employee can perform advanced troubleshooting and extraordinary maintenance on ES technologies. He/She reports to the Location or Field Service Manager and is directly responsible for managing all operations, and coaching/mentoring less experienced personnel on the job.
- Complies with all company and regulatory Quality, HSE and IT standards and policies
- Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and maintains required Quality & HSE certifications up-to-date.
- Takes proactive measures to eliminate safety hazards by performing an appropriate Risk Analysis (i.e. HARC,JSA) before each job or task.
- Knowledgeable regarding drilling rig types, rig components, rig component functions, drilling operations (i.e. drilling, tripping pipe, running casing, cementing, completions, etc.) and the drilling fluids circulation system
- Knowledgeable regarding the drilling fluid system (i.e. drilling mud, its components, and each components function), the impact of low gravity solids (LGS), and primary techniques and systems used for drilling waste management
- Adheres to Electrical Safety Guidelines & Lock Out/ Tag Out procedures
- Able to explain proper grounding techniques (Offshore & Land operations as applicable) and the risks associated with wiring motors for high and low voltage for electrical equipment
- Able to assist with basic troubleshooting of electrical circuitry in order to maintain equipment in operational condition
- Responsible for validating all critical data required to complete daily reports
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and maintaining appropriate inventory at the wellsite
- Able to perform fundamental drilling fluid testing and able to properly calibrate testing equipment as necessary
- Able to track and manage discharge volumes (i.e. skips, ISOs, etc.)
- Able to complete Standard Equipment Maintenance (STEM) reporting requirements
- Able to complete reporting requirements for location specific equipment (i.e. HiSide, Cutting Re-Injection (CRI), High Pressure Pumps (HPP), etc.)
- Able to calculate solids control efficiencies and make appropriate recommendations that will improve or support changes in drilling operations
- Able to describe local discharge regulations and what additional considerations must be taken to support the operation
- Able to complete an accurate well recap report
- Adheres to all safely requirements during installation & operation of equipment
- Able to safely perform startup & shutdown of ES equipment as listed but not limited to: shale shakers, hydrocyclones, centrifuges, solids control pumps, screw conveyors, etc.
- Able to perform a shale shaker system installation without supervision as well as perform all shale shaker adjustments (i.e. deck angle, fluid coverage, motion type, fluid distribution, angle of inclination, cleaning practices, etc.) used to optimize the operational efficiency of the equipment
- Able to perform advanced troubleshooting or extraordinary maintenance without supervision on shale shakers (i.e. change out motors, replace worn screen supports, replace header box, electrical components, bladders, vent hoods, etc.)
- Able to properly maintain, change and/or repair oilfield screens on-the-job as well as identify different screen failure types
- Able to properly explain API screen classifications and make appropriate screen recommendations based on the customers needs
- Knowledgeable regarding hydrocyclone equipment properties (i.e. GPM per cone, feet of head required, unit labels, etc.)
- Able to perform a centrifuge installation without supervision and knowledgeable regarding centrifuge equipment properties (i.e. G-Force, differential, GPM maximum, etc.)
- Able to perform advanced troubleshooting or extraordinary maintenance without supervision on centrifuges (i.e. rebuild rotating assembly, rebuild hydraulic drive, rebuild gearbox, rebuild torque limiter, etc.)
- Able to perform all primary centrifuge calculations (i.e. G-Force, differential, discharge rate, weight differential and retention time)
- Knowledgeable regarding the centrifuge operation when using weighted or un-weighted drilling fluid, and the impact on the drilling fluid system when centrifuge adjustments are performed
- Able to perform a solids control pump installation without supervision and knowledgeable regarding solids control pump equipment properties (i.e. GPM, power required, drive type, etc.)
- Able to perform advanced troubleshooting or extraordinary maintenance without supervision on solids control pumps (i.e. rebuild variator (gearbox), rebuild panel, rebuild knuckle joints, etc.)
- Knowledgeable regarding screw conveyor equipment properties (i.e. tons per hour / capacities, etc.)
- Able to perform advanced troubleshooting or extraordinary maintenance without supervision on screw conveyors
- Able to demonstrate the appropriate level (i.e. basic, intermediate or advanced) of knowledge regarding the operation, adjustment, and troubleshooting of any location specific equipment (i.e. HiSide, Cutting Re-Injection (CRI), High Pressure Pumps (HPP), etc.)
- Knowledgeable regarding Verti-G Dryer equipment properties (i.e. g-force, differential, tons per hour maximum, etc.), operation, adjustment, troubleshooting, and lubrication system flow
- Knowledgeable regarding CleanCut equipment properties (i.e. tons per hour, modes, PLC/HMI etc.), operation, adjustment, and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable regarding Vacuum Systems equipment properties (i.e. maximum hg & temperature, system requirements, proper operations, etc.), operation, adjustment, and troubleshooting
- Able to make all necessary adjustments needed for changes in drilling operations (i.e. sweeps, spud in, etc.)
- Able to calculate Retention On Cuttings (ROC) by dry or wet weight
- Able to explain and perform spill response procedures if required
- Able to perform Standard Equipment Maintenance (STEM) procedures in both the workshop or at the wellsite
Qualifications & Experience
- High School diploma or 2-year Associate/Technical Degree or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ related ES experience.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and Hindi or a regional language.