Environmental Scientist / Geologist / Engineer Opportunity in US
Requisition ID: 2019-38411
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineerto join our team in Somerset, New Jersey. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
This position will be responsible for providing technical assistance for the remediation of contaminated sites. The position will include both office work and field work on a variety of environmental assessment, environmental engineering projects and remediation projects.
Field activities may include reconnaissance of project sites, remedial system construction oversight and O&M, installing and logging soil borings, oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collection of soil, groundwater, vapor samples, and system O&M. Some overnight travel may be required.
Office activities may include assistance with developing project scopes, cost estimates, analysis and interpretation of field results and the preparation of remedial investigation and operation and maintenance (O&M) reports.
- Perform routine operation and maintenance of soil, groundwater and vapor treatment systems
- Troubleshooting and resolving treatment system operation malfunctions and deficiencies of LNAPL, SVE, groundwater pump and treat and Sub-slab vapor intrusion systems
- Perform field oversight of remediation or construction subcontractors, field observations and data collection, and field sampling
- Vapor intrusion investigation experience a plus
- Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports; Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve
- Perform research, moderate design tasks, and prepare portions of project documents
- Prepare complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports; may also prepare drafts of portions of more complex technical reports, manuals, and field reports
- May participate in proposal preparation and project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets, and cost estimates; may perform calculations, gather or review information, or prepare standard sections of proposals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. degree in a related field, such as environmental science, environmental engineering, or geology
- 5+/- years of experience with environmental applications in site remediation, wastewater treatment, or similar
- NJDEP Industrial Wastewater Treatment System (N License), or willingness to obtain
- Working knowledge of NJDEP technical regulations and LSRP requirements
- Must be self-starter, team oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work outside normal business hours, as required; field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions or with hazardous materials and in hazardous conditions
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
- Very motivated, well organized, detail oriented and excellent QA/QC skills
- Experience with Surfer, Grapher, GIS, AutoCad, gINT or EQuIS a plus