When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To oversee multiple health, safety and environmentally impactful programs ran on-site regarding pharmaceutical manufacturing. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, EHS corporate initiatives, and site requirements for multiple ongoing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Implements, improves, and manages procedures and practices for the following EHS Department programs: Waste Management, Wastewater, Department of Transportation (DOT) related to hazardous waste shipping and Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Coordinates training and is the site subject matter expert for questions about, and compliance with, all assigned EHS Department programs.
- Manages EHS Department purchase orders and assists with department’s operating budget.
- Leads or assists with investigations of environmental health and safety related events and incidents concerning any impacts on human health, safety, and/or the environment.
- Calibrates Environmental Health and Safety Department instruments related to measuring and monitoring activities.
- Provides technical support to other Environment, Health, and Safety Department team members at the site and corporate level.
- Manages Hazardous Waste Program and supporting vendors/contractors. Schedules hazardous waste pickups and shipments. Recognizes and properly addresses special disposal requirements for DEA regulated wastes.
- Manages EHS Department purchase orders and chargebacks to other departments.
- Owns and updates EHS Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) assigned to this position. Also assists with reviewing and updating other EHS department SOPs.
- Will co-lead the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. Responsibilities include initial site certification, employee training, and all requirements for maintaining certification and recertification every three years.
- Oversees the site’s Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) Program. Coordinates with all departments to ensure compliance with the OSHA Standard and site specific SOP.
- Assist site Industrial Hygienist with Respiratory Protection Program including employee training and respirator fit-testing.
- Eager to learn and take on additional EHS Department responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Occupational Safety and Health.
3-5 years of work experience in the Occupational Safety and Environmental Health field is required. Preferably from a manufacturing setting.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Other Suggested Jobs