Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist Job in UK – Grundfos Manufacturing
- Deadline: 2019-05-10
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
- Employment type: Regular
- Hierarchy level: Professional Level (some years of experience)
- Job category: Environmental Protection, Health and Safety
Grundfos Manufacturing (GBW) are looking to recruit an ‘expert’ on site, to support the organisation, its managers and employees in the day to day operational management of Health & Safety at GBW.
This person will be responsible for ensuring best practice and compliance with the most current safety, health and environment legislation and guidance.
This person will be the link from GBW to our Group EHS and ensure that all relevant policies and procedures are implemented locally.
This role will drive and support GBW’s environmental programme, in line with Group initiatives and key activities that are beneficial locally.
Scope of the role
- Reporting to the HR Director, this role will have no direct reports and will be responsible for:
- Budgetary activity related to H&S, and Environment
- Monitoring and reporting the required KPIs
- Internal – liaise with all departments; collaborating with managers and employees alike.
- Be the key contact for GBW on all H&S and Environmental matters, including audits and networking groups.
- External – liaise with H&S authorities, Suppliers, other organisations (internal and external to the Grundfos Group of companies) and contractors on site.
- Based at the GBW, Sunderland site – travel may be required both within and external to the UK for short periods of time.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to ensure compliance with all health, safety and environment legislation, best practice and company policies
- Ensure that environmental improvement programme is developed and implemented at GBW
- Provide information on performance against the business’ EHS KPIs
- Actively promote ‘safe behaviors’
- Lead and facilitate the S.W.A.T. (Health and Safety Committee), the Environmental Team, and the Health & Wellbeing Team
- Ensure that accident investigation and reporting is carried out in line with Group procedures
- Identify training that fulfils both the company’s legal obligations and which will help the business achieve its EHS KPIs and objectives
- Work with Maintenance, Purchasing and the relevant departments to ensure that all contractor and sub-contractor regulations and approvals are adhered to
- Seek out opportunities to encourage and bring about continuous improvement
- Be the lead in ensuring that GBW continuously educates and re-educates its employees about matters relating to EHS e.g. monthly safety briefings
- Carries out or contributes to audits, workplace assessments, risk assessments, inspections of working arrangements premises, plant and equipment etc. as required
- Develop and review policies and procedures, safe systems of work relating to all aspects of EHS
- Assist with the development and Maintenance of the EHS management systems and ensure OSHSAS 18001 and 14001 is maintained
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- NEBOSH qualified at Diploma level
- Experience of a manufacturing environment
- SAP and MS Office software packages
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with giving presentations and facilitating meetings
- Qualification to degree level
- Chartered Membership (or working towards)
- Previously worked in an environment that promotes ‘safe behaviors’
- Knowledge of environmental systems and processes
- Train the Trainer
- AIEMA qualified
Please encolse salary expectations in your application/ cover letter