Environmental Health & Safety Specialist Job in Reading – Oracle
Company Name: Oracle
Company Location: Reading, United Kingdom
You will develop a close working relationship with managers and staff within Oracle and where appropriate, external bodies. You will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of effective policies, organisational arrangements and systems that enable Oracle to protect the health and safety of its employees, contracted staff and those who may be affected by its activities. The full time role is based at Head Office in Thames Valley Park, Reading however, it will also involve travel to our other sites located across the United Kingdom.
To be successful, you will need the commitment and enthusiasm to drive the integration of health and safety into everyday practice. You will also be engaging and approachable and you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will have a minimum of five years health and safety experience in an advisory capacity along with a formal qualification in health and safety at degree or NEBOSH Diploma level. You will also be a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
- Support the development of strategies, policies and plans relating to occupational health and safety that enable standards of excellence through its employees and ensure that Oracle UK complies with relevant statutory requirements.
- Support the development, promotion, management and implementation of a pro-active health and safety management system to comply with legislation, best practice and Oracle UK’s policies and procedures as well as its objectives and business plans.
- Regularly monitor the effectiveness of the health and safety management system and recommend reviews and other appropriate remedial action to be taken where necessary.
- Provide efficient, professional and consistent advice on present and future health and safety matters so Oracle UK and its managers receive competent health and safety advice to enable them to deal effectively with local issues.
- Liaise and co-operate with our regulatory bodies and other professional organisations to maintain the company’s progressive health and safety standards and requirements.
- Adopt the principles of quality assurance to ensure that health and safety administration systems and processes are robust and effective and are continually reviewed.
- Maximise the use of new technology in ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of policies and procedures throughout the organisation.
- Support the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses and make recommendations to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Promote the integration of safety management systems and provide for a positive safety culture, whilst at the same time promoting and ensuring line management ownership and accountability.
- Promote the full involvement of all staff in achieving safe behaviours and workplaces.
- Develop and present or where necessary support commission of external training providers that enable managers to effectively fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
- Undertake health and safety evaluations and site inspections across Oracle UK. Prepare reports, make recommendations/presentations to management on alternative safe methods of working, use of materials, risk assessment, etc to ensure best practice.
- Be fully conversant with relevant statutory provisions and Oracle UK’s processes and procedures and develop the full range of professional skills and knowledge necessary to satisfy the requirements of the post.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach in the delivery of work within Oracle UK. Consequently, the post-holder may be required to perform duties not specifically identified in the job profile but,which are in line with the general responsibilities of the post.
- Support production of regular performance reports to senior managers and key stakeholders on health and safety management.
- Support EHS Manager in creation of annual EHS budget