Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist Indiana – Conagra Brands
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Assist with the management of the plant Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs to ensure operations minimize the impact upon the environment and a safe and accident-free work environment.
- Update, maintain and distribute reports on a routine basis tracking the status of various environment, health & safety metrics and initiatives versus goal.
- Assist in the implementation of corporate initiatives such as the metric tracking systems, training systems, etc.
- Implements safety and environmental key concepts to provide the road map to zero injures & world class performance
- Participates in accident investigations & preparation of accident reports
- Assists in monitoring activities for employee health & safety issues
- Assists with the development & maintenance of emergency action plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or related discipline and/or 3 years related experience
- Awareness of food safety, quality, and food manufacturing processes preferred.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement tools & fundamentals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Excellent WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills desirable.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.