Environmental, Health & Safety Manager Job in United States – Volvo
Auto req ID: 95470BR
Entity: Volvo Construction Equipment
State / Province: California
Employment/Assignment Type: Regular
Travel Required (maximum): Frequent Travel
Functional Area: Health & Safety
Last application date: 02-May-2019
This position will provide environmental, health and safety support to multi-site operations and will partner with management with management to establish and maintain programs to ensure compliance with corporate, federal, state regulatory requirements as well as an injury/illness free culture. The position is responsible for establishing processes to ensure compliance for all safety, DOT and environmental related programs and records as required for the business, federal, state and or local governments. The incumbent will be responsible for promoting employee awareness of environment, health, and safety through the coordination, creation and implementation of training programs and company -wide communications.
- Develop programs to re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Accountable for researching, writing and updating Company EH&S policies and procedures, SOPs, permit applications and certifications and will be the main point of contact for EH&S agencies for compliance matters.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct employee EH&S orientations, Cal/OSHA, EPA, DOT, corporate, federal, state or local government mandatory trainings.
- Provide industry specific EH&S and FMCSA assistance and support to the Company and build effective relationships with the department management and the corporate network to ensure consistency of systems.
- Maintain and update safety policies to ensure safe work practices and equipment and incorporate policies in the training programs.
- Conduct EH&S risk, policy and procedure gap analysis;
- Perform EH&S and DOT assessments and audits, assist with corrective action plans and monitor progress for closure of identified actions or environment violations.
- Create reports for management review to provide overview of effectiveness and risks of the programs.
- Establish program procedures to conduct and analyze trends for root cause of accidents, near misses and injuries, with the goal to preventing or eliminate potential hazards and re-occurrences.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected
- Coordinate and audit the compliance of deficiencies captured on internal inspection logs and documents with Department Managers.
- Maintain accurate records of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and or annual inspections, logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and update as necessary IIPP, HIPP, Emergency Response Plans and monitor site CERS, EH&S programs and procedures.
- Participate in equipment training, installation and or set-up to capture specific design elements that may impact safety, health, ergonomic and environmental training programs.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety role. Note: Alternatives may be accepted: Bachelor’s degree in EH&S related field + 3 yrs. experience, or Associates Degree in EH&S related field + 4 yrs. Experience.
- ASP or CSP certification highly desired.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including Cal/OSHA, Cal/EPA, DOT/FMCSA and nationally recognized EH&S standards and guidelines as required by the position.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Work, and PowerPoint).
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal skills
- Frequent and routine travel.
Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.(e.g. language, mobility)
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
- Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 10lbs.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
- Will be exposed to noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
- Frequent Travel