Environmental Health & Safety Manager at Auris Health, Inc. – Redwood City, CA
As Environmental Health and Safety Manager at Auris you are a team member of Facilities Management. The EH&S Manager is responsible for Environmental, Health and Safety Management System and EH&S compliance across all company facilities.
Reports to the Director of Facilities.
Include the following:
- Responsible for implementation of Auris EH&S management system. Deploy across multi-site locations to ensure full EH&S compliance and continual improvement in all areas.
- Definition and assimilation of procedures, methods and tools to effectively deploy an EH&S management system. Interprets and successfully implementation of applicable EH&S programs.
- Maintaining a behavioral based safety awareness culture.
- Manage resources within facilities to comply with safety standards. Focus facilities on EH&S compliance as an overriding expectation for which everyone will be held accountable.
- Provides strategic and technical support for a variety of EHS programs. Work in partnership with senior and site management to develop and implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks.
- Development and implementation of EH&S training.
- Conducts risk reviews, compliance audits and internal assessments.
- Evaluate EH&S implications of new processes and equipment. Conduct Job Safety analysis. Including formal authorization for use.
- Collection, analysis and reporting of EH&S metrics. identify EHS-related risks, opportunities and trends, assess performance. Reviews incident data to identify trends, develop and implement incident prevention initiatives, and monitor performance.
- Manages regulatory agency, 3rd party audits, inspections, inquiries, contacts and reporting. Monitor developing federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and initiatives; analyze potential impacts; provide practical recommendations and risk analyses.
- Based on operations and EH&S risk profiles establishes and implements a strategy for management of EH&S compliance, risks, and safety culture.
Minimum Requirements include:
- 5 years working experience in Environmental, Health and Safety industry related to medical devices.
- College degree with related experience.
- Certified safety professional plus
- Must possess a strong background in EH&S compliance and development of safe practices.
- Experience operating in regulated and GMP laboratory or manufacturing environments.
- Ability to be strategic and forward-thinking, identify future needs of the organization, and consider the best solution/outcome.
- Listens to key stakeholders, considers their needs along with the needs of the business, and makes well-informed decisions.
- Skilled at seeing opportunities from challenges.
- Track record of being resilient and adaptable in navigating organizational resistance and influencing others to adopt new behaviors and approaches.
- Possesses excellent teamwork and collaboration skills and able to facilitate the work of cross-functional and interdepartmental teams.
- Possesses strong communication skills including the ability to effectively develop clear and concise messages.
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs for extended periods.
- Exposure to lab environments and exposure to hazardous materials.
- Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
- Work Schedule- Shifts of 8 hours in duration. May be required to work overtime or any other times as required.
Essential Physical Job Tasks: Completion of administrative duties as indicated by position.
- Data entry and use of computer user interface tools including mouse, keyboard and any other applicable instruments. Sustaining static postures, sustained sitting at desk or work station with use of phones, computers and any other office equipment required for specified position, Static stance/standing as required.
- Lifting and operating in an office environment, with non-repetitive light weight lifting, reaching and forward bending as necessary, Infrequent lifting overhead reaching less than or equal to 15 lbs. with the ability to potentially be able to lift to 35lbs and push/pull 50lbs.