Environmental Health & Safety Leader Job in Canada – DIRTT Environmental Solutions
Location: 7303 30 St. S.E., Calgary, AB T2C 1N6, CA
HAVE YOU HEARD THE DIRTT?!
You don’t settle for ordinary and neither do we. Pull that superhero cape out of your closet and join a community of passionate and energetic people on a mission to change how the world builds. Promote your “safety-first” mindset every step of the way and collaboratively shape the future of Health & Safety at DIRTT.
Do you have what it takes? You have exceptional leadership skills and a passion for the wellbeing of others. You are eager to make a difference in the lives of all DIRTTbags. Your track record of taking a solution-oriented approach to safety is admirable. You are an expert at implementing Health & Safety standards and monitoring company-wide practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Identify and execute improvements in the facilities environmental safety systems and procedures
· Providing guidance and assistance on a proactive basis relating to Environmental, Health and Safety of all facilities
· Train and educate employees in the required safety procedures, such as PPE and environmental concerns such as waste and hazardous materials handling
· Manage facility’s hazardous and residual waste programs
· Lead and facilitate the completion of hazard identification and risk assessments
· Mitigation planning and project implementation
· Executing process improvement and cost reduction opportunities
· Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards
· Work directly with the Operations Team to provide Environmental Health & Safety leadership, support and advice to all DIRTT facilities, departments and teams
· Develop a sustainable and strategic long-term plan for Environmental Health & Safety at DIRT
· Identify best practices and implement continuous process and system improvements
· Compile and maintain detailed reporting for executives and board members and provide ongoing advice regarding environmental and safety-related actions
· Be responsible for all incident investigations by ensuring that all incidents are reported, documented and communicated to the relevant teams
· Take pride in performing regular audits and evaluations of facilities
· Be aware of all amendments to legislation to ensure that an excellent level of safety is maintained based on OH&S/OSHA acts and regulations
· Create, edit, and modify documentation including manuals, correspondence, forms, office duties, and department reporting
· Provide all necessary Environmental Health & Safety training to all new hires
· Manage WCB and return to work programs and provide ongoing follow-up to ensure the program is running effectively
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
8+ years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety leadership in a manufacturing or commercial construction environments
University Degree or College Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
Expert knowledge of OH&S/OSHA acts and regulations
Proven results in participation with various Health & Safety groups
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to liaise and build effective working relationships with teams
Strong commitment to task completion and ability to adapt to a variety of situations
Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking “outside the box”
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
DIRTT offers a unique and exciting work atmosphere where the work you do will materially impact the success of our employees and our Company. We want to enable you to do your best work, and that means you can look forward to:
· All the caffeine you need to keep you going. Ever had a Flat White?
· Daily lunches and unlimited snacks at our Greens Café
· An excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental coverage and travel insurance
· Access to our Employee Share Purchase Plan
· Access to our onsite fitness facility. You’ll need after the irresistible daily lunches!
· “Lounge Nights” every Thursday and “Dog Fridays” at the end of every week
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting new position please email us at: email@example.com. Please quote the position title in your subject line.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.