Environmental Health & Safety Job in Neuquen, Argentina
Job Ref: 1920147
Location: Neuquen, Argentina
This role is focused on supporting the HSE team of the region to promote and deliver safety and operational expertise to locations. This position is also responsible for performing or assisting with accident investigations as needed. Coordination and facilitation of project management, change control, work area assessment, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions in the oilfield are critical. The HSE Field Specialist works with the HSE Regional team to integrate HSE programs and initiatives seamlessly into daily operations processes.
In addition to these responsibilities, you will drive site, area and region safety cultures by modeling behaviors associated with the highest level of HSE best practices, leading multi-functional teams, providing safety / environmental training to others, performing inspections of equipment / tooling / facilities / vehicles for compliance with BHGE policy and any other authorities related to Health & Safety and Environmental regulations as well as our client requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in HSE with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferable on the Oil and Gas / Energy Industry.
- Able to obtain or have Matricula for Neuquén as well as for the country.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with site management and Spanish for field operations personnel
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time locally
- Field Service Experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other departments to support initiatives
- Experience in process safety management.
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas services & equipment.
- SPE Member a plus
- IAPG / LADS participant a plus
- Prior work in an industrial services industry.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Experience evaluating and controlling hazardous materials and conditions.
- Working knowledge of BHGE internal programs such as Gensuite, Support Central, work flows and web sites (BHGE Employees Only).
- Proficient computers skills in Excel, Word, Web Tools, etc.
- Facilities knowledge, electrical aptitude and ability to read schematics.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with full-time responsibility for compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental regulations
- 3-5 years of experience with full-time management of the Health & Safety and Environmental department.
- Initiative and a global mindset
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience delivering classroom and hands on instruction, proven competency speaking in front of large and small groups
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to complete post-incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis.
- High say/do ratio
- Self-starter with high energy