Environmental Health & Safety Consultant (Associate Level) Job in Irvine
ERM is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Consultant to join our growing Performance & Assurance technical team in Irvine, California. In this role, you will provide project management and technical assistance on health and safety compliance projects, safety management systems, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and compliance assurance programs for clients locally, nationally, and internationally. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging EHS management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM’s national Performance & Assurance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on safety-related compliance projects, safety management system development and implementation, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and safety auditing.
- Develop safety procedures, plans, permits, and reports.
- Assess regulatory compliance across various safety programs and environmental media.
- Perform compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Design and implement safety management systems and programs for clients.
- Conduct training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Provide on-site EHS compliance support at client facilities.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- Mentor junior consulting staff.
- Travel up to 50%.
- BS in safety engineering, occupational health & safety, environmental science, industrial hygiene, or other degrees with health and safety experience.
- 5 to 10 years of health & safety field experience in industrial environments, preferably in process plants and for construction projects. Manufacturing, High-tech/Telecom, Oil & gas or chemical sector experience desired. Prior consulting experience a plus.
- Professional registrations/certifications (CIH, ASP/CSP, CHMM, OHST) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA General Industry and/or Construction standards.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed regulatory interpretation of federal and state OSHA regulations. California OSHA experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, MS Office computer, and analytical skills; experienced in writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Experience maintaining corporate management standards (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer). Experience in EHS management systems (ISO 14001/45001) a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision, including working at client sites for long term assignments.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.