Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist Job in Hopkinsville, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hopkinsville, United States
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and revise Company Environmental, Health and Safety programs, as required.
- Recommend changes or improvements to enhance the effectiveness of the EHS programs.
- Develop and/or revise appropriate facility-wide EHS related policies, procedures, practices and training, as required and ensure alignment with the requirements of federal, state and local laws and industry standards.
- With support from the Plant Manager, develop EHS targets and objectives. Monitor progress toward completion of objectives; document and report progress on quarterly basis.
- Establish, coordinate, perform, and/or participate in internal and external EHS audits. Assure adequacy and implementation of responses; confirm effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead site-specific EHS risk assessments. Document results and implement measures for improvement. Work with plant manager and other personnel to revise or modify facility procedures to address hazards and risks and minimize their impact on personnel.
- With support from consultant, maintain appropriate federal, state & local environmental permits, including required tests, inspections, & reporting. Obtain new and revised permits as needed.
- Assure compliance with applicable EHS federal, state, and local regulations and/or requirements.
- In collaboration with supervisors and managers, investigate all work related incidents (injury/near-miss/property damage/environmental spills) and develop / implement corrective actions to prevent a recurrence. Work closely with HR / Supervisors to return workers to modified / full duty.
- Responsible for OSHA reporting including OSHA Log.
- Work with HR / Supervisors to track incidents – including Days Away and Days of Restricted Work Activity.
- Responsible for company Hearing Conservation Program.
- Responsible for maintaining Forklift Training Program to include conducting training.
- Responsible for site First AID, CPR, AED and BBP training.
- Coordinate employee EHS training, orientation, and emergency drills.
- Responsible for maintenance of pre-employment company specific physicals to include monitoring of providers services.
- Lead Safety Committee meetings.
- Direct investigations into events and incidents. Provide feedback on root cause and appropriate corrective actions. Monitor corrective actions and responses, and follow-up when required.
- Maintain Company SDS-GHS system; chemical inventory.
- Collect and monitor samples as required by applicable regulations.
- Participate in industry associations.
- Represent Riken Elastomers Corporation at safety and environmental meetings / functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions:
- Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes;
- Perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others;
- Respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
Special Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Support Quality Department with testing and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety or environmental management or similar plus 2-3 years relevant experience in environmental, health or safety functions within manufacturing environment, or equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge of broad-based EHS programs and an understanding of the underlying philosophy.
- Developed knowledge of relevant local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and practice.
- TSCA inventory experience preferred.
- Environmental storm water, hazardous waste and air permit experience preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to communicate effectively and foster management and employee participation.
- Developed knowledge of EHS field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong focus on follow-up and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to travel as needed.