Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
Job Ref: JOBREQ1800094205
Environmental Health and Safety Manager Job In United States
As an Environmental Health and Safety Manager, you will provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of workplace EHS programs, and help lead and maintain compliance, supporting day-to-day operations, and ensuring implementation of PPG’s EHS Management System. You will supervise EHS program deployment in a mid-sized, high-end manufacturing environment and support PPG’s Kansas City and Hannibal, Missouri plants. Areas of expertise for this position includes knowledge of EHS management systems, risk management, OSHA and EPA compliance, and the ability to develop improvements in procedures, training and infrastructure. You will report to the Regional EHS Director and drive best practices to sustain PPG’s EHS mission and vision.
- Provide direction and guidance to site management in the development of EHS goals that drive continuous improvement.
- Dedicate time on the production floor engaging (communicating, influencing, collaborating) with employees, supervisors and management to support a “One PPG” EHS culture.
- Coordinate the incident management program, investigate EHS incidents and support root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide technical advice on EHS regulations, ensure compliance with state, local and federal regulations; Prepare regulatory reports and develop solutions to a variety of safety, industrial hygiene and environmental issues.
- Drive key safety initiatives including job safety analysis, site safety risk assessments, risk mitigation, and Management of Change.
- Conduct critical industrial hygiene and occupational health tasks such as air monitoring, noise monitoring, ventilation assessments, and personal protective equipment (PPE) programs.
- Lead or participate in various safety teams and committees; Conduct monthly EHS trainings; Serve on the Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- Conduct comprehensive reviews and self-audits of environmental, health, and safety programs to assure compliance PPG standards and regulatory requirements; Recommend strategies to achieve improvements in EHS key performance indicators (KPIs).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Safety Sciences, Occupational Health, Environmental Management or related discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience, preferably in manufacturing or related industries.
- Professional designation as Graduate Safety Professional (GSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus.
- Must possess a “hands on” attitude.
- Prime success factors include the ability to influence, be creative, provide unique points of view and promote a strong safety culture.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We make it happen.
We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
How to Apply
If interested and qualified, click on the link below to apply.
May Also Be Interested In
Safety Manager Job In United States