Environmental Health and Safety Engineer Job in United States
Location; Covington, Ohio
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Provides environmental health and safety (EHS) engineering support and expertise through the design, development, and maintenance of EHS standards and regulatory compliance for one or more Company sites. Supports continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
• Troubleshoots and resolves EHS issues; supports site EHS and department objectives through management consulting; training and development; inspections; audits and investigations; ergonomic reviews; environmental regulatory evaluations and committee assignments related to EHS.
• Works closely with all areas of the organization to facilitate EHS compliance programs including writing policy, procedure and work instructions, systems monitoring and reporting, and supports ongoing training requirements.
• Develops and prepares EHS specifications and recaps, cost estimates and rationalizations, and presents projects for approval, conducts and documents for approval or troubleshooting, and may participate in the selection of capital improvement vendors in conjunction with Procurement.
• Particiaptes in EHS inspections/audits and accident investigation to identify and evaluate hazards and prevent incidents, coordinates documentation activities and follow up. Provides EHS expertise to identified areas by advising of potential safety hazards and environmental requirements and correcting any deficiencies. Interfaces with management from all areas (such as Manufacturing, Laboratories, Warehouse, Engineering, etc.) to communicate hazards and recommendations of solutions.
• Designs, tests and participates in inspections for various EHS systems and processes and coordinates regulatory testing and documentation within approved procedures and standards.
• Coordinates and supports continuous improvement projects aimed at cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability.
• May provide technical facility knowledge to others.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.