Environmental health and safety degree helps Environmental health and safety managers work to ensure that organizations comply with environmental health and safety legislation in the workplace.
The Environmental health and safety degree exist in undergraduate and post-graduate degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, or Occupational Health.
- A Master’s degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering or Occupational Health.
Some schools to enroll for the “Environmental health and safety degree”.
Oakland University – BS in Environmental Health and Safety
EHS graduates earn a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health and Safety, equipped with knowledge of basic sciences and engineering and technology subjects as well as a thorough introduction to environmental, occupational, and industrial hygiene safety concepts.
The EHS program will prepare students to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to analyze and interpret data necessary to resolve environmental health and safety related issues
- Identify and evaluate environmental and workplace hazardous conditions and practices
- Formulate hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs
- Recognize the impact of solutions within a global and societal context
- Become proficient in written composition and oral communications
- Pursue graduate study in safety and health
Rochester Institute of Technology – Environmental, Health and Safety Management (Master of science degree)
To be considered for admission to the MS program in environmental, health and safety management, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (or equivalent) over the junior- and senior-level years.
- Have completed at least 9 semester hours of college-level course work in the sciences, with at least 3 semester credit hours in each of the following categories: chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Submit a one-page personal statement of educational objectives.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit two professional letters of recommendations.
- Submit two writing samples to demonstrate written communication skills.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. A minimum TOEFL score of 88 (internet-based) is required. A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required. The English language test score requirement of waived for native speakers of English or for those submitting transcripts from degrees earned at American institutions.
- Applicants with acceptable professional certification(s) and/or work experience may have prerequisite science course work waived.
- Applicants without formal academic training or documented experience in air emissions, waste water, solid and hazardous waste, occupational health, or occupational safety may be required to take professional electives in these areas. Students may complete a graduate cooperative education placement during their program of study.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required; however, applicants may submit test scores to support their candidacy.
North Carolina A&T State University – Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health & Safety
The program in Environmental Health and Safety(EHS) is a cutting edge program concerned with the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of occupational safety and health hazards associated with mechanical systems, material handling, electrical systems, chemical processes, and illustrates controls through engineering revision, safeguarding and personal protective equipment.
The on-campus version of the MSc Environment, Health and Safety will give you access to face-to-face teaching and to the facilities in the recently revamped Sciences Complex. You will be taught by staff who are research-active in both environment and health and safety (EHS). You will study modules including hazard identification, evaluation and management, research and professional practice and a 12-week research project.
This course also includes an eight-week placement for all students. This allows you to apply your new skills and knowledge in the workplace. The placements can be extended by a further 12 weeks and many have led to job offers.
Our typical offer is
- GPA 2.40 -3.29 from a bachelor’s degree
We also require three passes at GCSE grade C or above, which must include Mathematics and English Language, or an equivalent qualification, for example; a minimum of Level 2 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number. If you have studied for a new GCSE for which you will be awarded a numerical grade then you will need to achieve a grade 4 or above.
If English is not your first language we will require an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with an overall score of 6.0 and at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) can also be considered if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
Birmingham University – Health, Safety and Environment Management MSc/Diploma
Entry on to the courses requires a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant discipline.
We accept a range of qualifications, our country pages show you what qualifications we accept from your country.
English language requirements
Standard English language requirements apply (IELTS: 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band)
This article has pointed out major schools where you can enroll for the different environmental health and safety degrees.
It is worthy of note that, there is a difference between degree courses and certification courses. As the degree course will be more in-depth than certification courses.
If there is any question regarding this topic, you can contact us via our contact page.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE