- The role requires that the Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator Implement’s controls for dynamic operations to generate SMART performance and expected results with focus to organization goals/targets achievement.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator oversees the activities in the Effluent treatment plant, issues relating to environment, occupational Health and Safety and the Safety team and ERO and ensures compliance through prompt analysis, audits and reports generation.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator with the team in the ETP, Safety and ERO focuses on team building that ensures that environmental and safety issues are maintained.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator ensure that effluent and treated water is analysed and reported promptly. The overall emphasis is that the effluent treatment plant is running as it should and reports are generated and sent to the appropriate places to the achievement of cooperate organization goals and targets, through commitment, communication and proactive.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety cord. ensures and maintain day to day general factory and distribution centres premises hygiene.
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- MONITORING OF THE ACTIVITIES IN THE EFFLUENT TREATMENT PLANT
- Supervise the ETP Operators to ensure that they are running the ETP as it should be
- Ensures that online analysis is carried out by the operators and findings well documented
- Ensures that the stock of the chemicals used does not run out
- Ensures that the ETP operators keep the area clean and tidy
- ANALYSIS OF EFFLUENT AND TREATED WATER
- Carry out analysis of effluent and treated water
- Generate report of the analysis
- Sends out monthly effluent report to the unit head
- Ensures initiation of necessary permits are obtained from NESREA
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND SAFETY AUDITS
- Carry out weekly environmental and safety audit and general report which has to be followed up to ensure all observations and non-compliances are closed.
- Monthly and Quarterly comprehensive report of the activities of Environmental, Health and Safety is expected
- SUPPORTS OVERSEEING OF FACTORY PEST MANAGEMENT
- Ensures that the daily pest Management surveillance is maintained by the consultant
- Ensures Bait stations are in their proper place and are replaced when the need arises.
- Ensures fumigation of the factory premises/offices are done as at when due and records properly kept
- FIRE EXTINGUISER AND FIRE CERTIFICATES
- Ensures that fire extinguishers are in the appropriate places
- Keep records of fire extinguishers in the factory and at out stations and are they are serviced when due
- Liaises with Fire authorities for yearly certificate
- SAFETY TEAM AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE ORGANISATION
- Coordinates the activities of the safety team and ERO with regular meetings
- Keeps records of the minutes of meeting
- Ensures safety and ERO team members undergo training
- Keep record of occupational accidents
- Keeps records of all chemicals with MSDS
- Environmental, Health and Safety Cord is expected to initiate Environmental Management Committee (EMC) meeting
- WASTE SEGGREGATION AND DISPOSAL
- Ensures that solid waste are properly segregated
- Source and dispose off recyclable items to potential buyers
- Ensures non-recyclable items to be disposed at the government approved site
- Keep monthly records of all disposed items
- SUPPORTS OVERSEEING THE ACTIVITIES OF COMPOUND CLEANING
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Cord is to oversee the activities of the compound cleaners.
- Work schedule of the cleaners are kept and ensures it is being followed.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
The Qualified Applicant possesses the following Background:
- Good knowledge of environmental management and occupational Health and Safety
- Ability to manage situations and motivate all the stakeholders at all times.
- Good Communication Skill to follow through both the up and down stream in the organization.
- Possesses active will to achieving set goals and promoting strong team spirit with the team members across the organization.
- Ability to work with time to achieve set goals
- Process improvement and proactive
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness and ability to deal with Complexity
- High Interest to the Job and expression of Zeal, Commitment and Ownership
- HND/B.Sc Science’s with at least six years’ experience in environmental management and occupational Health and Safety within the food industry
APPLY ON COMPANY’S WEBSITE