Environmental Engineer Cudd Energy Services Texas
Location: Woodlands TX
Under the direction of the Corporate Environmental Manager. Environmental engineer is responsible for ensuring all environmental programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls are effectively implemented for the company. Identifying applicable domestic and international environmental regulations and risks and, interacting with Operations to ensure compliance and conformance to Environmental Management System.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently when given the responsibility to do so;
- Correlate customer requirements and CES policies, procedures, and standards for operation.
- Conduct and or assist in accident investigations, Coach Business Unit safety personnel on performing effective accident investigations.
- Provide guidance on the content of the CES Environmental Management System (EMS) policy.
- Assist in the development of the company’s annual environmental performance goals.
- Provide assessments for new facilities or property and any changes to our facilities that would impact the environment.
- Assist in the EMS Training Plan to clearly identify training requirements for all employees.
- Assist in the internal audit program for periodic evaluation of the EMS.
- Inform management of audit/inspection findings in writing with feasible solutions.
- Assisting domestic operations to assure proper waste management and minimization practices in accordance with RCRA and TSCA regulatory requirements;
- Assisting domestic operations to assure proper surface and ground water management (i.e. permitting, treatment, etc) and spill and contingency planning are in compliance with Clean Water Act regulatory requirements;
- Assisting domestic operations to assure proper permitting of facilities under the Clean Air Act operate in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring environmental federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and risk initiatives are communicated to domestic operations.
- Primary interactions would be with field operations management and Corporate Environmental Manager
- Basic Qualifications: 1) Bachelor of Science degree in the area of Environmental studies or related field; and, 2) Two years of professional environmental experience with a strong knowledge of Environmental regulations and some Health and Safety regulatory knowledge.
- Desired Qualifications: 1) Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with wide variety of audiences (field operations management, engineering, etc, 3rd party contractors); 2) Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products, primarily the use of word processing, environmental database applications, presentation and spreadsheet software; 3) Ability to work as the member of a team; and, 4) Direct experience in developing and implementing environmental stewardship programs.
- Direct Experience: 1) Implementing waste minimization plans and programs; 2) Direct experience with environmental data systems; 3) Demonstrated ability to influence by example and the ability to work with all levels of the organization; and, 4) Ability to develop and make presentations before various audience sizes at all levels of the organization.
- This position requires extensive travel up to 50% and involves long distance driving and air travel within the United States.