Environmental Engineer Cork
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to the EHS&S Manager in a busy pharmaceutical manufacturing plant, you will manage the day to day environmental operations of this Department and ensure that the specific Site and EHS&E Projects are delivered in accordance with Site EHS Systems, Standards and all of the relevant Legislative and Corporate requirements.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Participate in the development/review/refinement of the site environmental programmes to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Maintain the company’s Industrial Emissions license and applicable corporate requirements.
- Maintain the company’s accreditation to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001
- Perform regular environmental and safety audits within the plant
- Liaise with site engineering and applicable departments to ensure the requirements of the site EHS&E systems, standards and applicable licenses are implemented.
- Report on environmental performance within the various areas using approved KPI’s
- Ensure that a program and procedures are in place to effectively manage all emissions to air and water according to legislative guidelines and industry best practice.
- Ensure that a program and procedures are in place to effectively manage all waste streams according to legislative guidelines and industry best practice.
- Degree in EH&S essential (or equivalent), along with a technical qualification (relevant scientific or technology-based discipline preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in an EPA regulated environment essential
- GMP experience required plus experience