Environmental and Regulatory Advisor Job in Mumbai, MH, IN
Location: Mumbai, MH, IN
Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results through a multi-disciplinary team. Demonstrated teamwork, communication and leadership skills are essential. Candidate should be flexible with regard to domestic and international travel.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferably in Petroleum, Chemical or Environmental. Other degrees will be considered commensurate with work experience.
- Candidates should have experience regarding the environmental and/or health field(s) preferably related to a construction or oil and gas industry project
- Candidates with experience in Refinery / Petrochemical / Power / Fertilisers plant operations preferred
- Knowledge of India specific regulations essential
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills required. Familiarity with Marathi is desirable
- Candidates should have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Experience and capability to engage at senior levels of government and industry.
Job Role Responsibilities
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (During Project Phase)
- Serves as lead staff contact with federal, state, and local regulators that have regulatory jurisdiction over the various components of the project
- Develop the Preliminary Regulatory Compliance Plan outlining permits required, details of the information required to support the regulatory compliance and permitting process, schedules / timeline for developing permit applications, and regulatory review and approval
- Clearly identify key issues, constraints, and vulnerabilities early, and develop mitigation plans to prevent negative cost / schedule impacts
- Establish regulatory authority interface strategies that consider negotiations, issues arising from multiple agency jurisdictions, local, regional, and national level requirements
- Establish interface / communications process with regulatory groups and conduct early discussions with regulators to ensure alignment in understanding and expectations, identify any concerns, and prepare the path to a smooth permit application / approval process
- Stay informed and engaged during the permit review and approval process, and expedite as needed to ensure that permitting does not constrain the project progress or negatively impact the schedule
- Ensure that environmental and regulatory requirements / standards are properly integrated into project design and implementation plans
- Maintain alignment and manage interfaces within the Integrated Project Team (IPT) regarding overall work plans and obligations; organize / participate in weekly and monthly meetings to ensure common understanding of requirements, deliverables, and status of the work
- Steward ongoing permitting activities and compliance issues to IPT management
- Identify any US Export Controls issues and sensitivities, and develop plans to address them
- Identify / develop budgets associated with permitting and other compliance activities, and ensure they are included in the project estimates
- Highlight permitting issues / recommendations to IPT Management on a real-time basis for resolution
- Steward the Regulatory Compliance Plan
- Interface with the IPT to ensure regulatory requirements affecting commissioning and start-up are well understood by Manufacturing, and reflected in commissioning / start-up planning