Environment , Health and Safety Manager Job in U.S, Ohio
Job Ref: LOR000D
Primary Location: USA,OH-Lordstown
Employment Type: Staff
- Assists in the development and implementation of corporate and plant EH&S programs.
- Provides technical support to plant personnel on all EH&S matters.
- Assists with plant requests, i.e., assistance in identifying safety equipment, federal, state and local regulations; procedure review and revisions or development; training material and/or instructor costs; review required documentation records for accuracy and filing of documents.
- Assists in self-auditing of plant sites and follow-up of action items.
- Tracks federal, state and local EH&S regulations.
- Participates in development and maintains site Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Provides point of contact for Facility Owner on site EH&S activities.
- Manages Site EH&S SharePoint and Assurance sites.
- Serves as Site CEMS Manager
- Responsible for all Site environmental sampling and compliance testing activities
- Generates and provides for submittal required EH&S reporting
- Develops and implements EH&S policies.
- Develops, reviews and revises, as necessary, all plant EH&S procedures for consistency
- Reviews site activities for liability assessment.
- Manages the site security function.
- Coordinates the safety and environmental training functions at the plant.
- Other duties as assigned on ad-hoc basis
- Following all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules, and participating in training. Promoting the company’s highest value, EH&S through actions and conduct
- Following all company policies and expectations and behaving in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and positively effects morale.
- Coaches site employees on safety, as needed, and counsels or issues discipline, as necessary.
- Coordinates reporting of statistics or incidents to Worley corporate structure.
Liaison for worker compensation claims
- Advises management team on safety issues, violations, provides input on employee evaluations, and makes recommendations.
- Secures new permits and permit renewals with facility owner.
- Maintains all required EHS training to perform EH&S Manager’s duties (e.g., Method 9 Visible Emissions, DOT, RCRA)
- Maintains site EHS compliance files and compliance calendar.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Five to ten years experience (preferred) in environmental specialist, safety specialist or supervisory role, ideally in a power or power-related business.
- Bachelors degree (preferred) or equivalent experience in environmental, safety engineering, industrial safety or industrial hygiene.
- Familiar with federal Environmental and Safety statutes, including State & Federal regulations promulgated by EPA, DOT, & OSHA.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for effectively communicating inside the organization and with outside agencies. Ability to analyze technical and regulatory information, make sound judgments and provide prudent recommendations to all levels of the company.
- Strong team and leadership skills.
- Advanced skill in operating Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project and other information transmission equipment, as well as comprehensive understanding of equipment capabilities and application procedures, is required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Reaching/Pulling/Pushing Minimal
- Bending/Stooping/Kneeling Minimal
- Sight Acuity Near Frequent
- Sight Acuity Far Moderate
- Sight Depth Acuity Moderate
- Sight Color Acuity Moderate
- Talking (Loud and/or Clear) Frequent
- Hearing Moderate
- Heavy Lifting (>50 pounds) Minimal
- Medium Lift (<50 pounds) Minimal
- Ability to work at heights, in confined areas and to travel by air. Sufficient pulmonary function and facial seal to wear respirators, as required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply for this opportunity by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.