Emergency Response Coordinator Total oil and gas Brazil
Location: RIO DE JANEIRO(BRA)
Offer ID: 10478BR
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: 10 – 15 years
Affiliate (if known): TOTAL EP BRASIL LTDA
Branch: Exploration and Production
Job Expires: 20-Jan-2018
The scope of work consists:
- In case of emergency: To be the focal point of emergency management in the affiliate and manage the early steps of any emergency or crisis of the affiliate (organize MEDEVACs, first support to Sites, etc).
- For administrative work: In assisting the various operational and support entities of Total E&P Brazil in implementing its Emergency Response Management System. The designee shall be the subsidiary specialist for all Emergency Response related matters: issuing and updating of reference documents, training of people, drills and exercises.
Context and environment
Response in case of Emergency
24 hour / 7 days support: assistance to Total E&P Brazil, as well as support operational sites from the early steps until the crisis is over.
Emergency Response Preparedness
- Maintenance and development Emergency Response Management System.
- Follow-up of Action Plan concerning Emergency Response: incorporation of lessons learned from training, exercises, live responses and any other relevant sources into existing plans and procedures as appropriate.
- Assistance and advice to assets and entities on all relevant Emergency Response issues including the development of emergency and crisis procedures, plans, and contingency arrangements through regular Sites visits (on facilities offshore and onshore) Daily administration and coordination of Duty Emergency Response Organization.
Trainings & Exercises
- Organization and coordination of appropriate training for the emergency response organization: Strategic Response Cell, Emergency Response Cells, Onsite Command Post(s).
- Develop an annual training schedule and work along with HR on the organization, implementation, and debriefing of exercises defined in the yearly planning (Table Top Exercises, Medium Scale Exercises, Full Scale Exercises).
- Audits Site exercises. Implement Action Plan following the Exercises.
- Crisis Room & associated Tools
Development and maintenance of core emergency response facilities – primary and secondary, and response facilities Development of tools to be used within the Emergency Response Cells and On-site Command Post.
- Experienced in the management of Crisis / Emergency Response Organization (already been involved in the management of crisis rooms as Incident Commander within Fire Brigades or other Companies)
- 10 years minimum experience in Crisis management and Emergency Response (involvement in the management of Incident Command Centre as Incident Commander within Fire Brigades or others Safety/ Rescue agencies)
- Perfect knowledge of ICS (Incident Command System) to manage a crisis
- Good knowledge of the management of technological and Chemical-Biological-Radiological-Nuclear risks and incidents
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas E&P operations; Knowledge of oil spill response equipment offshore and onshore.
- English and Portuguese speaking and writing are mandatory.