EHS Specialist LG Michigan – United States
LG Electronics, Vehicle Components Business Center, focuses on commercializing eco-friendly automotive components and core solutions based on LG’s proprietary technologies. LG produces high quality in-car infotainment systems that deliver both information and entertainment on-the-go for many of the world’s biggest automotive brands. The VC Company also develops electric compressors for automotive applications, e-traction motors for the individual and integrated systems such as drive units and power electronics providing a total solution to meet specific market needs.
What is in it for you?
- Become a part of LG’s innovative technologies, unique products, and cutting-edge designs..
- A high-tech work environment with an exciting, collaborative and highly impactful roles.
- An environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value.
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits with no-cost employee premiums
- A competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan vested immediately
- Tuition Reimbursement effective Day 1 of Service
- Shutdown over the holidays and generous (PTO)
This position provides full time environmental, health, and safety support to operations and will ensure site is in compliance with all EHS regulatory and LG requirements. Position is responsible for creating all EHS programs, training staff, and working with all areas to ensure implementation of all and work practices are compliant.
Research accident hazards and health risks and recommend necessary preventive or corrective measures and safety equipment. Educate personnel in identifying and eliminating existing hazards and develop safety consciousness. Apply knowledge of systems design, operational procedures, hazard identification and safety compliance certification to identify and help mitigate safety risk. Ensure the plant is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws dealing with accident and health hazards. Interface with government officials to resolve violations.
- Plan and administer the safety program, performing safety analysis, setting safety requirements, including company targets
- Knowledge to develop a lock out/tag out program
- Review and analyze safety documentation
- Coordinate plant safety and health audits, analyze plant statistical data including workers compensation information related to occupational injuries and illnesses
- Inform management of any areas that may not be in compliance with State and Federal laws or employer policies
- Perform and assist with accident and incident investigation analysis
- Maintain requirements for safety training and coordinate with plant training personnel
- Propose, develop, document and maintain safety engineering databases, tools, and processes in order to analyze injury and illness trends
- Prepare and submit all state and federal required OSHA reports
- Administer all policies, programs and procedures related to Safety Engineering and Industrial Hygiene
- Perform facility audits and review operations
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR an associate’s degree with 4 years of related experience OR 8 years of related experience required
BS Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Engineering or related field of study is preferred
Bilingual in English and Korean Preferred
|Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills at all levels required|
Proficient in Basic PC skills, MS Software required
|Mechanical aptitude and understanding of basic engineering principals required|
Practical experience in identifying and preventing safety hazards is required
Knowledge of federal and state OSHA is required
Strong work ethic, good interpersonal skills, demonstrates good organization, verbal and written communication skills are required