EHS Specialist Job in Dubai – GE
Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be
located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that
requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers.
Includes EHS professionals involved in “designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for
customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects.
- Individuals who provide day-to-day EHS support for service activities and projects and currently tend to report into a specific sector or P&L and cover this sector or P&L only.
- They are equivalent to plant level EHS professionals and provide immediate, direct support to field service employees that work at customer sites.
- Their jobs include things like training, inspections, customer interaction around planning and job execution.
- They are the first line contact for the field service engineers as they manage day to day EHS issues in service work.
- They typically do not have any direct reports.
- Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Works together with people from the business unit.
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
- Communicates with direct team and supervisor.
- Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.