EHS Offshore Supervisor Equatorial Guinea
- Requisition ID: 2018-26905
Work Location: GQ-Malabo
Department / Discipline: HSSE
Position Type: Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a EHS Offshore Supervisor to join our team in Equatorial Guinea, West Africa to work on a 28 day on and 28 day off rotational work schedule.
The primary role of this 28:28 rotational position is to provide day to day EHS technical support to the Client’s offshore operations in Equatorial Guinea. This position normally resides offshore for the entire rotational period. The operations consists of an FPSO, Fixed and TLP production facilities along with periodic floating, jack up and tender assisted drilling rigs. The successful candidate should have experience in working EHS issues associated with Drilling, Operations and Maintenance for an offshore E&P business.
Skills / Qualifications
- EHS Management System Support: Champion the utilization of the EHS&SR Management System in the offshore work environment. This includes the ZiZi (Zero Incident Zero Injury) program for personal safety responsibility.
- Assure the proper implementation and use of systems and procedures to identify and improve the Company’s EHS performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EHS programs in order to achieve continual improvement in EHS performance.
- Contractor Interface:
- Adequately prepare contractors to work on-site as partners in EHS (onboarding).
- Provide guidance and oversight to contractor’s safety officers assuring the client EHS expectations and requirements are met.
- Provide support to the Offshore Installation Managers (OIM), Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors and Marine Supervisors in EHS Safety Leadership and the development of a proactive, behavioral, EHS culture.
- Coach staff EHS&SR personnel promoting their growth and effectiveness.
- Develop national staff in such a way to allow timely and effective nationalization of positions.
- Risk Management:
- Assure risk management processes are applied and effective through the use of Hazard Identifications, Qualitative Risk Assessment, Job Safety Analysis, Permit to Work Programs and other means available to mitigate risk.
- Participate in all high risk or critical activities to assure adequate measures have been taken to reduce the risk to the lowest reasonably practical level.
- Promote the knowledge and effective use of the Hess Rules to reduce risk.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Assure adequate measures are being taken to assure compliance with local and international rules and regulations in the areas of personnel safety and the environment specifically, offshore waste management and discharges.
- Ensure that risks are properly managed through a good understanding of process safety management coupled with positive process safety leadership. Support the leadership of the facilities, OIMs, Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors and Marine Supervisors in life safety drills.
- Assure an adequately robust audit and inspection program is in place to assure compliance with Company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Incident Reporting and Investigation:
- Ensure the prompt and timely reporting of all EHS incidents and provide support for Root Cause Assessments.
- Provide support to local supervisors in the management of action items in Synergi.
- The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
- Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change
- Investigation of Incidents
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Operating Procedures and Practices
- Compliance Audits
- Emergency Response
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
Experience: The successful candidate will have 10 plus years of experience in past leadership abilities supporting EHS programs and projects with at least 5 years in an offshore environment.
The successful candidate will have strategic EHS planning and development of EHS action plans from implementation thru completion.
The successful candidate will have experience performing safety audits and EHS statistical reporting.
A background in an Exploration and Production offshore organization is required.