EHS Manager Wicklow
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for management of EHS activities on site.
- Manage the HSE Specialist to ensure that all plant and site activities comply fully with all regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Manage the departmental budget.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for managing the Health and Safety functions in the plant, as well as all interactions with relevant H&S regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with applicable governmental and corporate regulations and policies.
To manage the site’s EPA License, Environmental activities and drive all H&S activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for implementing, leading, auditing and maintaining an effective H&S program ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental rules, regulations, laws and Corporate policies and procedures.
• Co-ordinate and prioritise all health & safety compliance and auditing activities on site.
• Manage department budget in line with expectations, as well as regulatory spend, pursuing cost reductions in all possible areas.
• Ensure competence and motivation of all personnel in health & safety personnel and contractors by clearly outlining expectations, training appropriately, setting objectives, managing performance and following up where necessary.
• Responsible for organising and leading plant’s response to regulatory and corporate safety audits.
• Demonstrate commitment to safety by assuring that policies and procedures are in place to guarantee active participation in safety meetings, training, incident reporting and investigation; hold regular safety discussions with subordinates and facilitate their attendance at site safety events.
• Drive improvements in safety behavior by managing and guiding the safety activities of the site.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with the requirements of Irish Seveso II legislation and corporate safety guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring that plant safety objectives and performance improvement plans are achieved.
• Responsible for implementing, leading, auditing and maintaining an effective Environmental program ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental rules, regulations, laws and Corporate policies and procedures.
• Assure that all required policies, procedures and facilities are in place and compliant with the requirements of the site Integrated Pollution Control License.
• Anticipate the impact of regulatory changes on operations and recommend compliance strategies to management.
• Prepare Environmental Budget and control spends to budget.
• Set goals and objectives for areas of responsibility and lead implementation.
• Responsible for reporting activities or excursions to appropriate corporate and regulatory bodies and for co-ordination appropriate cleanup activities as necessary.
• Drive tracking and implementation of corrective actions.
• Support the management of the HAZOPs Program to assure equipment and process safety.
• Develop appropriate Emergency response groups and co-ordination of training and drills in same
• Implement key performance indicators and appropriate metrics to track on-going activities, regulatory issues and continuous improvements.
• Play a role in growth of business by assessing the environmental impact of new product introductions.
• Plan and oversee CAPEX projects in the environmental area.
• Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure that the Environmental plant operates reliably and to the required standard.
• Ensure provision of environmental orientation for newly hired employees and contractors and co-ordinate a program for ongoing environmental training.
• Support a system for routine equipment safety audits and checks.
• Plan and lead programs to drive continuous improvement in environmental and safety performance.
• Coordination of the site Assurance Letter items process.
• Manage the ISO140001/2015 and 180001 certifications.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
Degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental) or similar.
Desirable: Advanced degree and/or recognised certification in health & safety field.
• Significant experience in a manufacturing based EHS role, ideally within an FDA regulated environment.
• Must be familiar with HS&E rules and regulations in Ireland
• Demonstrated project management and multi-tasking ability.
Critical: Thorough understanding of EHS regulatory policies, procedures, and processes.
Ability to cast vision, lead, motivate and influence others to achieve regulatory objectives; willingness to take ownership of issues and win buy-in of others.
Mature judgment and decision-making ability.
Highly committed, with ability to combine innovation with management of day-to-day operations.
Strong project management skills required.
Leads and works well within a team environment.
High energy level and passion for Safety and the Environment.