EHS Manager Job in Swindon – US
|Company Order Number:||6616|
We are looking to enhance the team with the opening of an EHS Manager role. We are looking for an adaptive, innovative facilitator to work in partnership with managers to co-ordinate and support EHS activity across the business and to promote a safe and healthy environment for our employees and others. This is an exciting opportunity to drive a continuous and sustainable improvement in health, safety and environmental performance and support a world class culture of safe, secure and ethical working.
As well as a competitive pay structure, Johnson Matthey provide excellent in-work benefits to all employees including a generous pension plan, Company Shares options, optional medical assistance packages and a defined career path to enable progression. For the day to day, we also provide free on-site parking and a significantly subsidized restaurant.
If you can bring expertise, enthusiasm and dedication to contribute to our growth and help steer us through the future to our fullest potential, please apply online.
- Provide up-to-date, relevant and proactive EHS advice to the business
- Ensure compliance with relevant EHS legislation
- Develop, maintain and implement EHS
- Develop and implement effective strategies, structures and systems for the management of EHS
- Assess and measure the effectiveness and impact of EHS activity within the business and address accordingly
- Continuously review the arrangements for local EHS and recommend changes and improvements as required
- Lead the development of the EHS Improvement Plan and co-ordinate activities required to achieve it
- Assist as necessary in the investigation, monitoring and reporting of accident, incident, dangerous occurrences & injuries and prepare reports for management and the HSE
- Identify EHS training needs within the business to develop and deliver effective and appropriate EHS training and development programmes
- Responsible for maintaining and managing conditions and requirements set out in site environmental permits
- Leadership of Behavioural Safety activities including regular survey and action planning
- Collaborate with and advise relevant departments to support Process Safety
- Liaise and co-ordinate activity with the regulatory agencies as required
- Responsible for Group EHS data reporting for JM Fuel Cells
- Lead EHS change management activities
- Involvement in site wellness and occupational health activities
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma qualified
- Chemistry education/experience advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of leading a behavioural health and safety culture
- Demonstrable experience of EHS Management in a complex, diverse organisation
- A Clear understanding of legislative frameworks, regulations, codes of practice and related practice and the workings of statutory agencies
- Excellent IT and Communications skills