EHS manager job in Canada
Job Ref: 19000FAT
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going assessment of the site’s safety, health, environmental, and property preservation system. The position is responsible for ensuring that the site’s EHS system meets the objectives of Sherwin-Williams’ Corporate and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines. This individual works with the site management team to create a culture which emphasizes employee engagement and is built upon the 5 focus areas of Operational Excellence such that all team members embody safety as a core value of the operation.
– Must be at least 18 years of age.
– Must have a Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent
– Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety compliance role with extensive knowledge of EPA standards and OSHA regulations.
– Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access
– Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone
– Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodations, to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and wear a respirator as required.
– Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and insurance.
‘- Previous supervisory/leadership experience
– Must have a College Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline (Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.) or at least 4 years of equivalent experience.
– Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
– Experience with external programs such as ISO 14001 and sustainability initiatives
– Experience in technical writing relative to safety programs and written requests
– Strong presentation skills and well-versed in training, in both an individual and group setting
– Ability to work with multiple functional areas as well as an ever-changing organizational structure
– Previous experience using continuous improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S, or Six Sigma
– Ability to travel overnight
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply HERE
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.