EHS Consultant – Safety Chemours Johnsonville – US
Job Ref: JR2486
Job Type: Full Time
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Titanium Technology facility located in New Johnsonville, TN has a fulltime EHS Consultant (Safety) position available within the site EHS organization. This position will report to the Site Services Unit Manager.
New Johnsonville is located 90 minutes west of Nashville in a beautiful rural setting with outdoor activities like boating, fishing, and hunting. There are a variety of living options between New Johnsonville and Nashville for those wanting the best of both.
The EHS Consultant (Safety) will be a part of an exciting opportunity to impact the company’s Safety compliance and performance programs. The EHS Consultant position provides leadership, technical support, guidance, program auditing and development, and assistance to maintain New Johnsonville Plant compliance with applicable Site, Corporate, State and Federal safety regulations and requirements.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership, guidance, technical problem solving, training, improvement and implementation support for safety at high hazard chemical operations
- Interface with all site employees, corporate resources, regulatory agencies, unit operations, and be an active member of the site leadership team
- Work to improve systems, procedures, processes, individual capability and ownership around safety and process safety management
- Develop systems to manage safety programs across the site
- Develop and implement 1st and 2nd party safety audit program
- Participate in/facilitate incident investigations as required
- Serve as subject matter expert and site standard owner for Lock, Tag, and Try, Confined Space Entry, Line and Equipment Break, Fall Protection, Ladder and Scaffold Safety as well as other workplace safety elements.
- Review regulatory briefs when related to EHS and anticipate impact
- Participate in injury/illness management system and OSHA recordkeeping
- Serve as Process Safety Management Element Lead for Safe Work Practices and Hot Work
- Act as Leader of Site Safety Committee
- Manage site reward and recognition programs
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 5+ years of work experience in a safety or occupational health related field
- Knowledge of high hazard chemical or process safety management regulated facilities
- Industrial manufacturing knowledge/experience
- Sound technical and regulatory based safety and process safety management knowledge, including knowledge of regulations, laws, and standards (specifically OSHA)
- Ability to anticipate, plan, develop, implement, audit, and improve sustainable systems and processes in the EHS field
- Strong problem solving and technical skills, with emphasis on safety
- Eager to learn from, support, and coach all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as the situation requires
- Ability to network and work cross-functionally with Operations, Technology, Maintenance, and Training organizations
- Strong multi-task/organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office i.e. spreadsheets, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Bachelor’s degree in an EHS (i.e. Safety Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, etc.) or engineering oriented discipline
- 5+ years high hazard chemical process experience
- Having or being able to obtain the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification